Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50812] interpretation of confirmation record

Gjest kristin eyler
 Del

Gjest kristin eyler

I am looking for help with interpretation of the entire line of a confirmation record. Name,dates, living, parents, all info on the line. I cannot link it so here are the criteria:Oslo Nordstrand Parrish Reg. Official Ref: Fa 0002 1911 - 1918 Reg.State Arch. of Oslo year: 1915 page 127 Line 13 person: Waldemar PedersenThanks for the help!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I am afraid I can't read it all, but here is most of it:Confirmation on June 25th 1916: Number 13 Valdemar Pedersen, born december 27th 1901, baptised June 13th 1916 (note: very shortly before his confirmation), birth place Dølerud (a farm name in Aker in the 1900 census), living at Linnåsen (?? I am not sure about this one!), his parents: worker Hjalmar Pedersen and 'Pike' (meaning unmarried) Josefine Olsen. Valdemar was vaccinated september 1th 1908.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest kristin eyler

Hans, Thank you so much for the help. Would you know why such a late baptism? Maybe b/c his parents were not married ? Just curiousbut would like to find a family history on his mother Josefine.Thanks again!!:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

Hi Kristin,Hans Mathisen has given you the same information I found in Valdemars conf. record. You can find Valdemars christening in FA0002, page 38, no 34. Usually when baptism is so late it is because they are baptised at home when they are born & then there is a church confirmation of this later. At his baptism you can see his parents residence is: Father: America Mother: Kristiania (Oslo). As his fosterparents are named: Karl Iversen, Limosen. Not able to read what his occupation is - but maybe someone else can help with that..Anna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor L. Larsen

I agree with Anna that it is Limosen. Strictly speaking it is a certificate that is dated 1. Sept. 1908, about his either having been vaccinated against or having had naturally the smallpox. His father was a worker, as Hans states.It may well be that his mother had waited to have him baptised due to her unmarried status, until it had to be done when his confirmation was wanted. Anyway it could indicate that she was not much of a church-goer, or even maybe a dissenter at least for a while. Home baptisms I think were not usual at this late period, and when they took place it was normal to have a church baptism within months or a few years.To find Josefine - you might try to look in what is on the Internet of the census return from December 1900.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest kristin eyler

Thanks to you all for such great info and help. From what I have written here at home, I even think Iversen may have been an uncle. But looking into all that. This is exciting news and thank you all and best wishes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

Have tried searching in the 1900 census with the names you have given us. To no avail I must say - hope someone else has more success..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.