Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50896] Alexander Andreasson, Tonsberg

Gjest Ray Johnson
 Del

Gjest Ray Johnson

I am searching for my grandfather, Alexander Andreasson's family. He was born 15th January 1855 or 56?, to Anders and Marie Andreasson in Sweden, around the Fredikshald area. They moved to the Tonsberg area Norway, around 1858 to live and work as farmers. Alexander left Norway around 1877 as a seaman, heading for the U.S.A. I believe he jumped ship there and changed his name to Johnson, and his family never heard from him again. I would appreciate any help any one can give me in locating this family. Please post replies in English as I am unable to read or speak Norwegian.Regards Ray Johnson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Rolf Theodorsen

See census 1865, Botne, Vestfold (Tønsberg area) Anders Andreassen, worker, 38 year,unmarried, born in Sweden. May be? Rolf.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

The only Alexander Andreasson I have been able to find i 1865 is this boy in Idd, near Sweeden: LenkeThe parents names does not fit. If the family moved to Tønsberg area, I think that Alexander should be together with parents ?I try to find somthing more about Alexander.Best regards from Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here I found the Churchbook Rygge. Born 1858, bapt. 14 feb . Alexander Oluf Marinius ( Uægte) means that parents not married.Parents name: Maiden , Marie Olsdatter , Sarpeløkken? from Vaaler ( In Østfold I think) Father: Unnmarried ( Unkarl) Andreas Andersen , Asgarden ( Probably a farmname in the area?)I try to read the godfathers names as well.Marthe Christensdtr. Solberg in Raade , Maren Andersdatter , .. Hans Christensen, Christen Andersen, Christen? Johannesen Sarpeløkken?I am not sure this is your people, but parents names fits.Here you have the churchbook: LenkeIf you click on the ikon on the bottom of the right side it is readable.Do hope it is the people you are looking for. Best regards, Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have the farms Sarpeløkken in Rygge, Østfold. ( From the churchbook) LenkeIn 1865 . I will see if I am able to find Asgarden too. Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have the farm Asgaarden in Rygge. LenkeI can not find Andreas Andersen there in 1865, he can have worked on the farm when Alexander was born. He can even have taken work in Botne ? From Rygge he could have crossed Oslofjorden. Ferry from Moss to Horten. Botne in Vestfold, not far from Horten.I will try to find Alexander in 1865. If he is the boy born in Rygge 1858, it should be easier to find him, I hope.Do hope you understand my English.I am sorry it is not so correct.Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Ludvigsen

Andersson, Andreas Dräng (ogift man)f. ?/4 1823Utvandrad 13/9 1856 från Harnäs, Sillerud, Värmlands län (Värmland) till NorgeKälla: Husförhörslängd, s. 219Emibas emigrationsakt: Sillerud S 1856 022

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I am not able to find Alexander ( all sorts of navne variations) born about 1858 in Rygge, in 1865 census, nor mother Marie Olsdtr.The man Andreas Andersson born 1823 might be the father, but where he is in 1865 I have not been able to find.Do hope some others can help you here:Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alexander Johnson

RayHave you checked out the National Archives of Australia. Their records show an Alexander Johnson arriving from the USA on 15 May 1884 and has his naturalisation form from 1909 on line. It also states that this Alex was born in 1863 in Stavanger on 10th March.Address http//naa.gov.auMike

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest Gunvor Sæther Brække

Ray. Are you sure that Alexanders mothers name was Marie? Are you sure that his birthday was 15th January? And do you know if there have been twins of his descendants? Gunvor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 uker senere...
Gjest Ray Johnson

to my e-mail the date of my alexander johnson is the 15 janurary 1856 this my very as he may have been born 1847 or 1851 or 1855 as to the note books i have found & the death certificate as to twins I do not know as to his mother's name I can only go by the marriage certificate the two note books thay both say on 1919 gran fathers age is out to the death certificate his age was 87 I now it is not much to go by but that is all I have sorry for the delay. As I can not speak or read norwedgin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ray Johnson

to my e-mail the date of my alexander johnson is the 15 janurary 1856 this my very as he may have been born 1847 or 1851 or 1855 as to the note books i have found & the death certificate as to twins I do not know as to his mother's name I can only go by the marriage certificate the two note books thay both say on 1919 gran fathers age is out to the death certificate his age was 87 I now it is not much to go by but that is all I have sorry for the delay. As I can not speak or read norwedgin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.