Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#51736] Help with dates

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Is there a reference document that I can use to figure out dates in Norwegian records? For example, if you look at the burial record for Sjur Nilsen Utbjoa in the scanned parish book for Fjelberg 1739-1759, page 64, I think it is 3 p. Trinit... if I am reading that right.I would appreciate assistance with this!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Bernt!I forgot the 'Dom:'... is that important??His probate was recorded 30 Jan 1751. So, if 'Dom: 3 p. Trinit' is June - July, then I assume the year is 1750.Is this a religious designation? Is there any way I can figure this out for myself? I come across many events that are dated this way.Thanks again...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bernt Jenssen

If the year is 1750, the date is: jun the 14. if it is 1751 it is jun the 27.Yes it is a religious designation (latin) days of the church year. here is my e-mail bijensse@online.no. send me an e-mail .Bernt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Patricia (1,3): Church records are often dated in the clerical calendar, which originates in Latin. It is probably known in Canada as well. 'Dom. 3 p. Trin' is an abbreviation; 'Dom.' = 'Dominica' or 'Dies Dominicus' = Day of the lord = Sunday.; p. = 'post' = after; 'Trin.'= 'Trinitatis' = Trinity, i.e. the sunday after whitsunday/pentecoste. Thus 'Dom. 3 p. Trin' = Sunday third after trinity

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Ivar! I downloaded a program ('Dage') that Bernt told me about. My next question was going to be -- what do the terms mean... and you have explained it! This is a great help!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ivar or BerntHow about this one:Dom 5a Trinit 1759If 'p' means after, does 'a' mean before?mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bernt Jenssen

Dom 5 Trinit 1759 = july the 15. 1759. What the 'a' means, I dont know.If there are somone who know what the 'a' is for, also I an interested of that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Patricia (8): the 'a' in '5a' is in latin soething like 'th' in '5th' in english. When sundays are counted, they are always after or in/of something (3rd sunday after passover, 2nd sunday of the lent, etc.), never before.Thus 5th sunday after trinity.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.