Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#51771] Question about probate

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Would someone have probate recorded before he died?For Sjur Nilsen Utbjoa (1743-1755, page 613b, protocol A.a.6), you wrote that the probate court met Jan. 30, 1751.I found his burial record here: LenkeAs best as I can figure out, he died 27 Jun 1751 (Dom 3p Trinit 1751).Could this happen?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Often the minister registered the 'ceremony of sprinkling the coffin', and in rural districts of Norway that might happen months, and sometimes years after the death and burial. In rural areas the minister would normally not be present at the funeral, and they had a cane stretching from the coffin up in the air. When the minister came to perform his part of the ceremony this cane was lifted, and the earth sprinkled down through the hole.This means that a few times the probate court gathered before the sprinkling ceremony had taken place.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So, the event that is recorded on 'Dom 3p Trinit 1751' is probably the sprinkling ceremony?Can I assume that the age shown there was his age at time of death... and that he probably died in December 1750?I appreciate your help!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Yes, I assume the the sprinkling took place Dom 3p Trin 1751, and the age of death is not to be relied too much on, but will be his age at the time of death, and the death most likely took place before Jan. 1751.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.