Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#51829] Berthe Larsen, death 1908?

Gjest Catherine Larsen
 Del

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hello I am looking for the death of Berthe Hermandsdatter, widow of Lars Larsen and I think I may have found it.In the parish records for Bragernes 1880-1911, page 374. Berthe Larsen died January 16, buried January 21 1908. Could some one please have a look and tell me if I have translated correctly. Thank you Catherine Larsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charlotte Hagen

Well it certainly says partly what you are saying:Died 16 Jan 1908, Burried 21 Jan 1908Widow Berthe LarsenIt says her husband's name was Hans Larsen (It says 'Sjømand' (=sailor) 'Hans Larsens Hustru' (Hans Larsen's wife))So the husband's name doesn't match what you are saying 'Lars Larsen'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Hello Catherine!Do you know when and where Berthe Hermandsdatter married Lars Larsen? When was Berthe and Lars born?Marianne Bakketun

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Thank you Charlotte, I was really hoping it was right this time but it does not match after all.MarrianeLars Larsen was born 1861, Lilliehammer Parish, Galtrud farm. Berthe Andrea Hermandsdatter was born 1860,Frogner Sogn,Lier, Justad Farm. They were married July 8th 1883 Lier. Lars died November 26 1900 in Drammen.Thank you both Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid K. Natvig

hello, do you have any idea of approximate time of death? And did she live in Drammen when she died? I find Berthe Andrea Lars., widow, and her three children living i Arupsgate, Drammen, 1900. (Folketellingen).Astrid.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

I think you found the right Berthe Andrea, Astrid. Her husband also lived in Arupsgate when he died in 1900.Marianne Bakketun

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hello Marianne and Astrid yes the family in the census is the right family. The son Lars came to America in 1903 and he is the great grandfather of my children. He returned to Drammen in late 1907 and came back to his wife and son in America in January 1908. I always thought he went to Norway because maybe his mother was dying. He never left America again and maybe I have it wrong and his mother died later. Thank you both for your help Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

And you are sure this is the persons you are looking for? Sorry to ask, but sometimes things seems to be wrong......Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Pettersen

Hey.I dont think the Berthe Larsen who dies in 1908 is your Berthe. The one who dies i 1908 is born 1854 in Lier. And she is probaly here in the 1900 cencus Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Catherine its possible Lars went back for the funeral of his grandfather ( Birthes father ) Herman Andersen died 12 Aug.1907 in Lier. Birthe Andrea b.12 May 1860 chr.22 July 1860 Herman Andersen Justad & Karen Andersdtr. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Catherine do you have the information for Herman and his wife? Someone has posted a pedigree file for the family at FS. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hello Ron The 1865 census link you listed is the right one for Berthe.She is the daughter of Hermand Andersen and Karen Heline Andersdatter. She and Lars Larsen were married July 8th 1883. The 1900 census for 0602 Drammen which shows Berthe Andrea as a widow with 3 children is our family. Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Did you want the information for Herman Andersen? chr.9 Feb.1824 Modum.Anders Helgesen & Berthe Johnsdtr.( writing is hard to read ) Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

I have the Larsens going back many generations, I only have Berthe's parents and grandparents,Anders Helgesen-Berthe Johnsdatter. Anders Kristensen-Larine Nilsdatter Do you mean the pedigree file is the LDS-Family Search site

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Yes someone in Alberta has a pedigree file for Anders and family.I found a bunch more,but I dont know if you need it? Anders married Berthe Marie 1 July 1822 Lier Anders b.5 Aug.1798 Langerud Helge Andersen Langerud & Mari Olsdtr. Berthe Marie b.11 Oct.1797 Eiker chr.22 Oct.1797 Jens Olsen b.1753 Vikeis,Eiker d.3 Sept.1809 Mari Olsdtr. b.1759 Mastebogen Eiker Married 1786 Eiker Jens parents Ole Stensen & Malene Jensdtr. Maris parents Ole Syversen & Martha Larsdtr. Its very difficult to read the old script. Jens and family are in Eger ( Eiker )1801 What information do you need? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Ron I think that is enough information for now,I don't want to branch too far out. I needed Berthe Andrea's death to complete what I have but it is proving very difficult as I was basing my idea on the fact that Lars returned to Norway briefly. Number one rule of family history, never assume! I thank you very much for your efforts to help me.Marianne,Astrid and Magne I don't know if it is polite to use the same message for this but i do thank all of you for your efforts Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.