Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#51852] Skotten gård - Fjære, Aust-Agder

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

I am trying to find information on Knud Torsen and Terja Elefsdatter who were living on the farm Skotten in Fjære, Aust-Agder in 1865. I believe some of the church records were burned in 1933. Does anyone know how I may find out more about this family after 1865? I have their 1865 census record, but wonder if more children were born or when they died or moved away. Any help is appreciated. Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R T Bjerke

You could have a look in the churchbooks for Fjære, maybe if they had more children they would be in those books:Fjære: 1816-1826, Klokkerbok Fjære: 1854-1867, Klokkerbok Fjære: 1867-1870, Klokkerbok Fjære: 1871-1880, Klokkerbok Fjære: 1881-1905, Klokkerbok Fjære / Fjære: 1902-1925, Klokkerbok Fjære / Fjære: 1903-1920, MinisterialbokAnne Peterine Knudsdatter was christened 18 March 1856 in Fjære, born 09 March 1856.Here is the family in 1865 as you wrote: [url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1865&knr=0923&kenr=005&bnr=0111&lnr=00>LenkeYou will find the churchbooks online at:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei R J! Thanks for your reply. I have checked what records are available online. The mother Terje Elefsdatter is 40 yrs. old when Anne Petrine is born, so I suspect she was the last child. The birth records pre-1854 were destroyed. There is a Fjære bygdebok, but I do not have a copy. Perhaps someone with a copy can look up the farm Skotta and see if the family is listed. Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

The book you need is yet not printed. I dont know when it will be made.... (:-(I live near Skotta and has roots on that farm, but not - as far as I can see now, connected with your people. - Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Jarl! Tusen takk for hjelpen me. I am sad to hear that there is currently no bygdebok which covers Skotta. I found two of their children in 1875 census. Anne Petrine Knudsdatter is on the farm Esketvedt. She is unmarried. Her brother Christian Thom Knudsen is on Skotta. Later he and his family move to New York. They are there in 1900, when they disappear. I was wondering if they returned to Fjære. I thought the bygdebok may help. I appreciate you writing. Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

When APK was christened 6/7/1856 some of her 'faddere' (What was that english word....??) comes from the place/farm Sæveli. Is this a clue? - Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei! I am not sure. The word 'faddere' means godparents or sponsors for the child. I have not heard of Sæveli, but I will look into this. Knud Toresen is originally from Froland before they move to Skotta, Fjære. Tusen takk!Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

In Kjell Bråstads bygdebok: Øyestad b1 p160 you will find Tarjer, b 1816. Her parents were Anne Aamundsdatter (Risetangen) and Ellef Olsen Skotta! - Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

That is interesting. So, Ellef Olsen is from Skotta! Perhaps that is why they moved there from Froland. So there are earlier connections with the farm. I am primarily interested in the Toresen's. Knud Toresen was my 2nd great-grandfather's brother. Knud also had a brother Tor, who left Froland for Skotta. He supposedly died there in 1857 (according to the Froland bygdebok), but I have been unable to find his death record or if he had a children.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

This may be your Knud Torsen? Lenke 'Konfirmert' 1838 in Froland. Remember the godparents for APK. Wasn't there someone from Lillevold? - Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Yes, this is the correct record. Tusen takk for finding it. You are also correct in seeing the name Lillevoll. Thomine Thorsdtr Lillevoll was the aunt of APK. I don't know the others. The farm name Omholt is also in the Torsen family.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.