Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52091] Norwegian farms

Gjest Trish G
 Del

Hi! Help please! I'm looking for pictures and information re:Norwegian farms that my ancestors lived on: Store Moen,Bragernes; Valberg, Stokke; Gjersoe, Arendal and Nyrerod,Vaale please. Thanks,Trish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

More specifically, what you're looking for is the following farm locations:Store Moen, Bragernes (Drammen, Buskerud county);Valberg, Stokke (Vestfold county);Gjersøe/Gjersoe, Arendal (Aust-Agder county);Nyrød/Nyroed, Vaale (Våle, Vestfold county);

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Per and Kristian. Any idea where I could find out more information or photos please? My ancestors came from these farms but apart from a little bit about Valberg and a lot (in Norwegian) about Gjersoe, I haven't been able to find out any more. I've been through Oluf Rhyg's farm names and the farms in the Digitalarkivet database. I'm proud of my Norwegian heritage and am trying to gather as much information to pass on to my children.My grandfather was the first generation of our family in the UK. He was Markus Sorensen born 1873 in Tonsberg and I've managed to trace back to his great grandfather, Biorn Steengrmsen, born about 1745 and lived at Store Moen. All help appreciated! Trish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Per and Kristian. Any idea where I could find out more information or photos please? My ancestors came from these farms but apart from a little bit about Valberg and a lot (in Norwegian) about Gjersoe, I haven't been able to find out any more. I've been through Oluf Rhyg's farm names and the farms in the Digitalarkivet database. I'm proud of my Norwegian heritage and am trying to gather as much information to pass on to my children.My grandfather was the first generation of our family in the UK. He was Markus Sorensen born 1873 in Tonsberg and I've managed to trace back to his great grandfather, Biorn Steengrimsen, born about 1745 and lived at Store Moen. All help appreciated! Trish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

The farm Store Moen, Bragernes (Drammen), seems to me to be located appr. in the Strøm area on the north side of the river (Drammenselva) at Bragernes (Brakernes). See Drammen map (appr. 1050) at Lenke.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

Sorry, Store Moen (Stormoen) it's apparently located at the opposite (south) side of the river, and some kms upstream, in the Gulskogen/Strømsgodset area :.

bilete3423.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

According to Lenke, the farm Stormoen (Store Moen) was originally part of the (bigger) (Lower/Nedre) Strøm farm, which did probably also Sunland, Gulskogen, Rødskog, Rød, Lille Moen, Pukerud, Langum, Øvre/Nedre Danvik and Austad farms.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

Another map showing the Stor-Moen area (the farm is still being run today). Ball-point pin marker showing appr. location of the Sunland farm (as compared to the 1050 map in inserate #6).

bilete3424.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Pettersen

Hi Trish.I can fix you a picture of Storemoen if you will (about friday i think). I drive past the farm everyday. And live a few hundred meters away from it.Magne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Mette! Not sure but if he did she would have been from his first marriage to Ingeborg Eriksdatter Raaen who he married in 1777. My Biorn Steengrimsen was born in Sigdal, Buskerud in 1749. He was widowed before he married Ambjor Pedersdatter in 1789.If you look at link nunber 33556 re: Ambjor Pedersdatter, there's some info about Biorn Steengrimsen that people have given me. I'm sure you'll get help if you ask - this is a fantastic site! Good luck! Trish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.