Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52180] hjelp til gifte i Skottland

Gjest Marianne Innes Hansen
 Del

Hvordan finner jeg ut når mine besteforeldre giftet seg?. Min bestemor Lydia Innes f. 28feb.1921 i Banff Scottland død 9 sep 2006 giftet seg med min bestefar Per Åby Hansen f. 14feb.1918 i Porsgrunn.Død 24 mars 1979 De traff hverandre da Per var til sjøs. de ble skilt da jeg var liten. bestemor husket ikke når hun ble gift m Per ikke noe vigselsattest er funnet heller ikke noe giftering.Min far Hans Theodor Hansen f. 7aug.1943 i Banff. han og brødrene +foreldre flyttet til Porsgrunn i ca 1947-48. Kan noen hjelpe. MVH. Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Marianne,haveyou seen this tema Lenke ?Cando a quick search next time I am my local genealogy centre, but that can be anytime betwen tomorrow and 2 months. Interested?Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne I. Hansen

Hei VidarSorry that i have not seen your message until now. I have been away. I am very interested if you can find out this for me, because I don`t now where to look. Thank you MVH. Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. Thanks for coming back regarding this. I was not sure if you had solved this already. I intend to visit the Genealogy Centre sometimes this autumn, but can not say which date yet. (It need to fit in with suitable dates for me and getting access to the Centre. (Long waiting times). I will however come back to you when I got something to report. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. I must apologise for the long delay and I am afraid it may be longer. I made a firm booking for 30th January 2008 at the Genealogy Centre, but had hoped to pick up a cancellation long before that. Unfortunately none has been available so far. However I have not given up, and let us hope people have other things to do in the run up to Christmas.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. Some news at last. Christmas shopping seemed to have emptied the reading hall at the Genealogy Centre.Hans Theodor's Birth Certificate clearly stated that his parents, Per Aaby Hansen, a Ship Stewart in the Military Navy and Lydia Hansen, maiden surname Innes, was married in Glasgow on 6th April 1943. At Hans’s birth they lived at Bath St., Macduff. Hans was born in Chalmer’s Hospital in Banff. (I am unsure about the exact name of the hospital, the hand writing on the birth certificate was not very legible).The marriage certificate for Per and Lydia was then easy to find. They had a ‘borgerlig vielse’ in Glasgow on 6th April 1943.The follwing was copied from the marriage register.6th April 1943, after licence from the Office of the Registrar for the district of Blythswood, Glasgow and in the precence of said Registrar in accordance with the Marriage Scoland Act 1939'Per Aaby Hansen, aged 25, a Ship’s Cook and a Bachelor Lydia Innes aged 21, a Flour Mill Worker and Spinster.Per’s usual residence was recorded as “Now engaged in War Service” and Lydia’s usual residence as 257a Buchanan St, Glasgow. (I must walk past that house virtually every lunch-time if it is still standing).Per’s parents were recorded as Hans Theodor Hansen a Ship ?? (can not read the word) and Karen Hansen, Maiden Surname Larsen. Lydia’s parents were recorded as George Innes a Fisherman and Maggie Innes, Maiden Surname Wall.The witnesses were Charles Christiansen of 257a Buchanan St Glasgow and C Townrow (? Again difficult to read the name) of 257a Buchanan St Glasgow.The marriage is registered in Blythswood, Glasgow (Registration District NO 644/8), entry no 500.I hope you are aware that you can purchase an official extract (copy) of this certificate.See http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/famrec/bdm.html form SU3.I hope this was worth the waiting. If you want any clafication please let me know.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne I. Hansen

Hei Vidar. Thank you thank you so mutch. I have print it out and I am going to read it now. I`ll send a message here tomorrow afternon. Mvh. Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hallo Vidar You wrote that Lydia`s mothers last name was Wall. That is wrong. Her name was Maggie Fraser Watt I wonder if you can help me find out about Maggi`s parents- This I know . Maggie Fraser Watt born 4-aug-1884 Midstreet, Roseheart D. 6-apr.-1966 married ?.George Innes 16-?-1883.georgestreet macduff. D. 3aug-1960. Maggie``s paretns, John Watt born 12 mid.st. Rosehearty married 11okt.1871 Pitsligo, Aberdeen .Annie Ewen. That is all I now. Children. Maggie,Barbara,Mary,Lissie,Jeanninie, George and Charlie.MVH. Marianne.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. Of cause it was Watt, could not read my own handwriting.Had some free time in romjula. (I can not guarantee when the next installment will come and how big it will be)District of Macduff. GROS ref no 155/A2/075; Birth Lydia Innes was born 11.15 pm on 1st August 1921 at Bath St., Macduff. Her parents were Fisherman George Innes and Maggi Innes, maiden surname Watt who were married in Rathven on 23rd December 1910.District of Pitsligo/ County of Aberdeen.GROS reference no 233/00/0009: Marriage 1871 11th day of October after bans according to the form of the United Presbyterian Church, John Watt, Single, Fisherman aged 24 and Ann Ewen, Single, Fisherwoman, aged 21. John’s usual residence was recorded as Rosehearty, and his parents were (this could be sailmaker, I hope to get it confirmed from Scotlandpeople) George Watt, and Barbara Watt maiden surname ?. Ann’s usual residence was Macduff and her parents were Fisherman Charles Ewen and Christine Ewen maiden surname Frazer. The witnesses were William Watt and ? Ewen.No obvious candidate found in the 1851 census. Maybe they had moved from somewhere else to Pitsligo. Too many George Watts with wife Barbara too search them all.In the 1861 census we find George Watt living at 2 North St., Pitsligo Abedeen with his family. Georg was 45 years old, born in Aberdeen and a Mariner. Living at the same address were Barbara his wife who was 45 years old and born in Pitsligo; John Watt his son aged 13 and a scholar (school pupil), Jean R Watt, his daughter aged 5, born in Pitsligo and a scholar; Barbara Watt his daughter aged 3 and born in Pitsligo and Christiane Watt his daughter aged 1 and born in Pitsligo. They had 2 children in school and their house had 2 rooms with one or more windows.In the 1871 census we find that George Watt lived in 36 North St., Pitsligo with his family. George was a Master Mariner and 55 years of age. His family consisted of his wife Barbara Watt aged 54 and daughter Barbara A Watt aged 13. George was born in Aberdeen, his wife and daughter in Rosehearty. Their house had two rooms with one or more windows.In the 1881 census we find George Watt living in 16 Union St., Pitsligo, Aberdeen. with his family. He was 65 years old, a Sail Maker and born in Pitsligo Aberdeen. Living at the same address was Barbara Watt his wife who was 64 years old and also born in Pitsligo; his daughter Brabara Ann Johnston, aged 23 born in Pitsligo, a Coopers Wife and married to John D Johnston a Cooper, aged 30 and born in Pitsligo; and their daughter Jane Johnston aged 4 months and born in Pitslogo.Sailmaker George Watt died at 5.45 pm on 15th November 1882 at 62 Union St., Rosehearty. He was married to Barbara R (starts with R but unfortunately an ink drop covering the rest of her maiden surname). He was 67 years old and the son of William Watt a Seaman in the Merchant Service (deceased) and Jane Watt maiden surname West. George died of heart disease. His son William Watt of 16 Mid St., Rosehearty informed the Registrar.Barbara Watt, widow of Sailmaker George Watt, died at 2pm on 13th December 1898 at 21 North St., Frazerburgh, aged 82. Barbara died of Cerebral Apoplexy. She was the daughter of Fisherman George Ritchie (deceased) and jane Richie maiden surname Duffy (? Not quite sure but it start with Du) and her son in law George Downie of 21 North St. Frazerburgh informed the registrar.mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Vidar. Thank you for all the information and research you have done for me. I wrote in the first letter that my grandmother was born 29feb.1921 that`s is wrong she was born 29 aug.1921. But you wrote that she was born 1aug.1921. Are you sure that is right?. In letter nr.8 you wrote that grandmother Lydia`s usual residence as 257a Buchanan St.Glasgow. This can`t be right because no one have heard of it. I called a scottish girlfriend of grandmother her last name before marrige was Buchanan. She and grandmother came to Norway about 22-23 des 1945 to Oslo. MVH.Marianne Happy New year

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. Although I can not check the primary source before my next visit to the research centre, I am sure I am right in saying they married in Glasgow, and that your grandmother lived, temporarily at least, in Glasgow at that time. It struck me at the time of reading the image of the marriage certificate that she lived at the same address as the witnesses although they had different surnames, and in both cases I have recorded this as Buchanan St., Glasgow. Also I work some 100-150 m from the top end of Buchanan St in Glasgow and it also struck me as bit of a coincidence. However I will come back to you on this early February..Remember also that this was in the middle of the war and in Britain there were a very large number of women working in factories at jobs that normally would have been done by men, men who were now in military service. Glasgow and its surrounding areas sent considerably more men to war per head of population than the average for Britain, thus there were a great shortage of men to work in the factories.As regards your grandmothers date of birth, 1st of August is what I have recorded. I will check again at the next visit to the centreHappy new year Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne;I have now got feedback from Scotlandpeople and the correct marriage entry for John Watt and Ann Ewen (see innlegg 11) should read:Parish of Pitsligo/ County of Aberdeen.GROS reference no 233/00/0009:Marriage 1871 on Eleventh day of October at Rosehearty after bans according to the form of the United Presbyterian Church, John Watt, Single, Fisherman aged 24 and Ann Ewen, Single, Fisherwoman, aged 21. John’s usual residence was recorded as Rosehearty, Pitsligo, and his parents were Sailmaker George Watt, and Barbara Watt maiden surname Ritchie. Ann’s usual residence was Macduff and her parents were Fisherman Charles Ewen and Christine Ewen maiden surname Frazer. The witnesses were William Watt and Alexa Ewen.mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Some additional information Birth in Macduff Banffshire GROS ref 155/A2/0039 George Innes was born at 5.45 am at George St., Macduff on 16th March 1883. His parents were Fisherman George Innes and Helen Innes maiden surname McCallum who were married in Macduff on 27th October 1872. The information was given by the mother.Birth in Pitsligo/Aberdeen GROS reference 233/00/0072. Maggie Fraser Watt was born 3 am on 4th August 1883 at 12 Mid St., Rosehearty. Her parents were Fisherman John Watt and Ann Watt, maiden surname Ewen, who married in Pitsligo on 7th October 1871. The information was given to the Registrar by Barbara Watt, Grandmother.Marriage in Pitsligo/Aberdeen GROS reference 233/00/0014. On 23rd December 1910 at Rosehearty, Pitsligo according to the form of the United Free Church of Scotland: George Innes; Fisherman (Batchelor) and Maggie Fraser Watt, Fisherwoman (Spinster). Both bride and groom were recorded as 27 years old. George’s usual residence is recorded as 3 George St., Macduff and he was the son of Fisherman George Innes and Helen Innes, maiden surname Macallum. Maggie’s usual residence was recorded as 12 Mid St., Rosehearty and she was the daughter of Fisherman John Watt and Ann Watt, maiden surname Ewen. The witnesses were William Innes and Lizzie Watt.Marriage in Macduff Banffshire GROS ref155/A2/0016 On 27th October 1882 at 5 Carny St, Macduff, according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; George Innes (signed with his mark) Fisherman (Batchelor) and Helen McCallum Fisherman’s daughter (Spinster). George was recorded as 25 years old and his usual residence as 27 Shore St Macduff. His parents were Fisherman George Innes (deceased) and Catherine Innes, maiden surname Mair. Helen was recorded as 22 years old, her usual residence was 5 Carny St., Macduff and her parents were Fisherman William McCallum and Ann McCallum maiden surname Cormack. The witnesses were John Anderson and David McCallum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Vidar, Thank you so mutch for all the information nr.11 you wrote in last line George Richie and Jane Duffy? In familysearch I found that her last name was Duthie.last information, two last line Cathrine maiden surname Mair. She was born 14 or 26 nov.1817 Cullen, Banff died 28nov.1888 Stone St. Macduff.Marriage 26okt.1843 Cullen George Innes. her parents were James Mair and probably Helen Slater. I have no information about these two.My grandmother Lydia was in hospital from 7-8 years old to about 12 years old. Is there any chance to get information from her hospital journal?.we don`t know exactly her diagnosis.She had no flesh inside from her knee and down and she had troubel with here trouth. Mvh. Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi MarianneUnfortunately I am limited to what is officially avaiable, such as births, marriages and deaths. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Vidar I have two more questions for you. In letter nr.8 about my grandmothers marriage she was working as a flour mill worker.Is it any possibility to find out the name of the factory and maybe a picture of it?. She lived at 257a Buchanan St. Glasgow is it any possibility to get a picture of the hous?- Thanks for all help Mvh.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Marianne. The answer to ‘at which flour mill your grandmother worked’ is simply I do not know. There must have been several in Glasgow at that time, but there must be some possibility to find out how many and where they were located. Maybe some are still in operation. I will try to find out.257a Buchanan St unfortunately does not exist anymore. The Royal Concert Hall, completed late in 1990s, was build on the whole block (kvartal?) where it stood. If then and now could overlap in time, your grandmother would have had the best seat in the concert hall. Her house would have been roughly where the stage is now. Picture of the concert hall will be no problem, and I am sure there somewhere will be pictures of the top end of Buchanan St, it is just a matter of finding it in all the books about Glasgow’s History and its newspapers. Will have a look.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.