Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52261] Help with a scanned parish register

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Could someone help me to read the name of the residence and the description after the name in the burial record of Gyri Mikkelsdatter? She is #71 on page 315 (1844) in this file- Fjelberg: 1835-1851, MinisterialbokI can't make it out.I would appreciate the assistance...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

In 1801 there is a Gyri Michelsdt., 30 y., at Storhaug in Skånevik. [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=41&filnamn=f11212&gardpostnr=42&personpostnr=730&merk=730#ovre>LenkeMarriage between widower Erik Gundersen Bircheland and Gyri Michelsdatter Indbioe 1803 Fjeldberg LenkeErik Gundersen Birkeland in 1801

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andreas Totland

Patricia, one of your questions has not been answered: After the name it says 'Inderste kone' meaning the wife of an 'Inderst'. That means that her husband (who was probably still alive when his wife died)was not a farmer and did not possess a farm. He could have been a craftsman of some sort, for instance. This might be of some help in your further search. Good luck.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Andreas. This information actually makes me question (even more) that this woman is 'my' Gyri Mikkelsdtr. Regarding Gyri's parents, I know she was the daughter of Mikkel Sjursen & Astrid Olsd., born about 1761 at Indbjoa in Fjelberg. Mikkel was born at Tveit in Øystese. Astrid was born at Skålheim in Kvam.The Ølen bygdebok states only: Gyrid f. 1761 Byrkjelo g. m. in 1803 Erik GunnarsonI am told that Byrkjelo is in Gloppen (Sogn Fjordane). I can't explain why she was there.Eric Gundersen was born about 1765 at Soleim, but was a 'jordbruger' at Birkeland when he died in 1809-10. Gyri was only 48 when he died, so it's possible she remarried. Although I can't find a record of it. Usually, 'kone' means her husband is still living, right?I thought the most likely farm (from her burial record) was Staupe. I will have to do some more checking to see if she has any relation to the people at Steffotræ, the farm Per mentioned.Many thanks to all who responded...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andreas Totland

That is the way I understand it too: If in a burial record a woman is listed as 'kone', her husband must be living. If not, she would be listed as 'enke' (or something written sligthly different). As for the place of residence, I read 'Staupe' in the link in (2) above. Regards Andreas.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you AndreasThere are several persons in my husband's family file from Staupe. I just have to figure out if she might have been related to any of them... and if she remarried after Erik Gundersen died in 1809-1810.About Eric, his probate was recorded in April 1810. I searched the scanned parish records for Jan-April 1810 and found nothing. So, he must have died in 1809. The scanned parish records for Fjelberg in 1809 show only baptisms. Not sure why that is...Thank you again,Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.