Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52282] Help with scanned register!

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can someone please help me with this register? It is the burial record of Gyri Mikkelsdatter. She is #71 on this page (Fjelberg 1835-1851):LenkeI can't make out the farm name. I think it might be Stoupe or Houge.I will appreciate anyone's help on this...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for this! I'm just not sure it's 'my' Gyri Mikkelsdatter. The woman I was looking for was born 1761 at Indbjoa. In 1802, she married Eric Gundersen, who died about 1809 at Birkeland in Vikebygd. Gyri was mentioned in his probate file, recorded 27 April 1810. They had no children. The woman in this record is 85 years old, which is very close to the right age. But I don't know why she would be at Haugen (or Staupe).Thank you again, KjellaugPatti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

The marriage seems to have found place in 1803: LenkeHe was a widower when he married her. Maybe someone with bygdebooks from Bjoa could help you out, it will be difficult for you to know whether it's the right person otherwise.Good luck-:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You are correct about the marriage year. I typed it wrong. They were engaged 6 June 1803, but no date of marriage is shown in the parish record.Gyri was the daughter of Mikkel Sjursen Tveit & Astrid Olsdatter Skaalheim. I'm not sure why they moved to Indbjoa. But they had 9 children there. Four daughters were named Gyri. All died young except the last one. The Gyri, who was born 1759, had a twin brother Sjur. They both died in 1759. See here:LenkeThe Fjelberg parish records for 1760-1761 are mostly missing, so I can't find her birth record. The birth year (1761) was sent to us some years ago. It came from the Ølen bygdebok. This is all we received about her: 'Gyrid 1761 Byrkjelo married in 1803 with Erik Gunnarson'I don't know what is Byrkjelo. Possibly Birkeland, which is the farm where Erik lived after his first marriage.This is all I know about her...Thank you again for the help.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei ArnfridYou were writing your message while I was writing mine -- so I didn't answer it before.The burial record you mention is the one that started this all! I found it and thought it might be 'my' Gyri, but can't connect her to the farm... which I think is Haugen... or maybe Staupe. I can't make it out.I can't find a birth or marriage record for Guri M. Tofte, and Fjelberg does not show most father's names in 1801 Census, so maybe it is her burial record in 1844. I have no way to be sure.I can only assume Gyri's age is not quite right in 1777, because I know that the older Gyris (b. 1750, 1751 & 1759) all died young.I don't know where to go from here!Thank you again for your response...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfrid Mæland

OK, Patti, but Gyri M Indbioa in 1777 must be the same as I found here, christ. january the 20, 1759. Twin with Siur.May be Siur died when he was a child.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei ArnfridSee my link in (9) above. If I am reading the register right, Gyri & Sjur (her twin) both died in 1759 (buried Dom. 18a Trin).I'm sure that Gyri, whose confirmation you found in 1776, is the same person who is at Indbjoa in 1777. The only thing I can assume is that her age in the 1777 register is off by 3 years. It's possible... right?Anyway, the reason I was posting was to figure out what was the name of the residence in the burial record (1844), because I could not read it. I thought it looked like Haugen or Staupe. And then, I wondered if this was 'my' Gyri, because I can't connect her to either of these farms.I appreciate any help or advice...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Byrkjelo is in Sogn & Fjordane County, Gloppen Kommune, by the road which leads northwords to Ålesund. It is near Jostedalsbreen, (the Jostedal Glacier) and Briksdalsbreen (Briksdal glacier), a huge turist attraction (as long as it has not melted away...) The area is considered to have some of the most beautiful sceneries of the country. This is Byrkjelo (the picture could have been more flattering):

bilete3442.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wow! That is beautiful! But I can't help wondering if this is a typing error in the Ølen bygdebok. Gyri was born at Indbjoa in Fjelberg. I could not find her in 1801, so thought maybe she was at Byrkjelo. But I looked and she is not there. Her future husband Eric Gundersen is at Birkeland in Vikebygd in 1801. It's a mystery.Anyway, thank you very much for the picture & map. It is a beautiful country!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

'Byrkjelo' could hardly be a misprint, you don't make that sort of misprints. But it could easily be a case of mistaken identity. A name-sister?, or maybe she has stayed stayed in Byrkjelo, say, as a servant for some time? Or there is some other explanation.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As far as I know, none of Gyri's brothers or sisters were in Sogn Fjordane. But certainly there could have been another connection. It could explain why I could not find her in Fjelberg in 1801. But I can't find here in SF either.Thank you again for your posts.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Siw for this picture. It really is a breathtaking scene! I am currently working on my husband's family. But I have family from Sogn Fjordane. My g-grandmother was born at Blaksæter in Innvik.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.