Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52497] Help with scanned register!

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to determine the residence/birthplace for Anna Aadnesdatter, also known as Anna Arnesdatter, born about 1740.She married 1) Johannes Viersen Enstavold in 1771 Valestrand (Stord register, page 187). See here (on right side, about half way down the page):[url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?show=192&uid=19452&urnread_imagesize=full&hode=nei&ls=1>LenkeShe married 2) Torbjørn Tollevsen Haugeland in in 1788 Valestrand (Stord register, page 55). See here (on right side, 4th marriage from the top):

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry, maybe I was not clear in my post. I have located both of these marriages. I just can't read the handwriting that is next to Anna's name. I'm hoping it is a farm name, but I can't make it out. I believe she was born sometime between 1739-1741, but I don't know where.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi MarianneI apologize. I don't know why my links didn't work! Thank you for fixing that situation!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Your links probably fail because you are copying the temporary links (which lasts perhaps 20 minutes) rather than the permanent ones. To copy the permanent link (when inside the parish register) you go to 'image information' (top), select fx 'on top', and then copy and use either the 'permanent pagelink' (best) or alternatively the 'permanent imagelink'. The permanent pagelink is better, because it gives us the chance to go back and forth, compare the handwriting with previous sections, etc.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you so much! I had no idea about this function. I am going to try it now, just to see if I got it right. So, in order to know if it works, I have to check back after 20 minutes, right? OK, here goes...Lenkemvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The permanent link will re-open the register for you, while the temporary links are valid (active) only as long as you keep the 'book' open. Have a nice weekend!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ha! It worked! I feel terrible for all those times I have included links in my posts, knowing now that none of them worked.Thanks, Per

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Don't feel bad, you are in good company! (And now it is cottagetime. The weather could have been warmer and better, but that can't be helped.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

PerCottage time is over here. Most of the 'cottagers' went home after Labor Day (3 Sept). It's cool here too (3.6 C last night).Have a nice time at your cottage. And thanks again for your help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you so much from me, too, as this clears up some mystifying experiences I have had trying to pass on sites to relatives! One question more though: I have just tried this and I notice that when I relayed it the page went back to 40% size - most people I email about this are elderly - is there a way I could send it magnified to the 100 or more size without them having to do that themselves?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Tverå

No, I don't think so. But by using pagelink (permanent billedlenke) you just have to click the picture once to magnify (I use Outlook Express).You can also download the image to your computer and send it as an attachment in an e-mail(go to the 'permanent billedlenke' and rightclick, save image...).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.