Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52654] Need help with parish record translation.

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson
 Del

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson

Would someone please translate the parish record of the marriage (Ekteviede) of Niels Olsen and Johanne Hansdstter? It is in Hedmark, Ringsaker-1839-1850 Klokkerbok. 1848 page 416, number 3, January 5. I especially do not know the farms and what the columns on the right say. Thank you kindly for your time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

1848 [Marriage]#3. January 5th i Ringsaker church.About the bridegroom:Niels Olsen, unmarried, Inderst,[that means that he didn't have a house of his own, but was staying in the house of someone else], born at Sigstadeie in Biri, now living at Steen, his father's name: Ole Nielsen, [next page] his best man: Ole Halvorsen Steenseie, About the bride:Johanne Hansdatter, servant, born at nedre Aasen, now living at Steen, her father's name: Hans Larsen [next page] her best man: Lars Evensen PrestegaardenThe three last columns:The publication of the banns took place Sundays 24 and 25 in TrinityThe bridegroom asked the bannsHis certificate of vaccination [against smallpox] 1824, and hers of 1830With kind regards, Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Helfer

Banns refers to the public announcement, usually on Sunday in the church, of a proposed marriage. I think the specific customs varied, but I had always heard that the banns were read on three successive Sundays before the actual marriage. -- MVH, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.