Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52661] To where did Olaf Friis move? Born 1880 in Larvik Vestfold.

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

My grandfather’s brother Olaf Friis was confirmed in Larvik on 6th October 1895. (Klokkerbok: I 6; Periode:1888 - 1917 side 118. nr 16) [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5600&idx_id=5600&uid=ny&idx_side=-126>Lenke.Above his name there are written three words and the date 7/6 05. It looks like an attest was given to him by the minister, but for what and where? Can anybody help and if one of the words is a place name, where is this place located (sogn, fylke)?It is possible that Olaf lived in St Olafs Gate 11 Oslo in 1900 but he has not been found under marriages at that date in Trefoldighetens parish to which I believe St Olafs gt belonged. Olaf’s 1900 census record from Larvik LenkeSame from Oslo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Vidar!Hvis jeg ikke tar helt feil.1880 5 07.12-1879 11.01 Olaf M Ekte Skipsfører Ludvig Olsen Kaupang 995 Amalie Jahnsen Madam Anne Marie Jahnsen Kaupang Mathilde Jahnsen Kaupang Lensmann Jahnsen Kaupang Skipsfører J. Jahnsen Kaupang Styrm. Adolf Friis KaupangOlaf ( Olav ) tok navnet Olav Tenvik d, 1968, gift m. Sigrid Nevra, Øvre Eiker, f. 1901. side 995 i Tjølling Bygdebok. Ingen Barn.Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

You got the wrong Olaf I am afraid Kjell, my Olaf was born August 24 1880 in Larvik Lenke Olaf Olsen/Tenvik is the 2nd cousin (tremenning?) to Olaf Friis. But thanks anyway I had no information on his marriage/death.mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid K. Natvig

hello, maybe I`ve got it wrong, but I can find no other words written than his adress: Storgaden 46 (nr. 11). LenkeOlaf is listed in Larvik in 1900 with 'mellombels bustad Christiania', that means he was temporarely living in Oslo (St. Olafs gate 11). Just a short visit????vennlig hilsen Astrid.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Sorry Astrid, my fault. I made a link to the Klokkerbok when I should have made a link to the Minister’s book.LenkeAs regards how long his temporary stay in Oslo lasted, the fact is that I have no idea. The last information I got of him is taken from the 1900 census.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid K. Natvig

I think the words and the date, 07.06.1905, has got something to do with nr. 15, Trygve Iversen: after his name, there is a cross (meaning he has died), so maybe he, Trygve, died on June 7th? I think the words are 'Død paa Drukning' (drowned), but I`m not 100% sure.If I were you, I`d keep looking for Olaf in the Larvik-area,Astrid.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Astrid and Gunnar for your inputs.But where is/was Diakonhjemmet? Earlier today I did a quick check on all available parish records (Skanned kirkebøker in DA) from Oslo and Vestfold but no Olaf Friis nor Trygve Nilsen listed as dead on or around 7/6-05. These records definitely covered all of the neighbouring parishes to Larvik sogn, but I have no idea if all parishes in Oslo are available yet, and then there is the rest of the country.Also is Diakonhjemmet so well known that there was no need to include in which parish it is?Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.