Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52913] Jacobsen, Torgersen, Sather; Vestfold, Notteroy, Strengsdal

Gjest Stacey Sather
 Del

Gjest Stacey Sather

I've found my great grandfather and great grandmother...Thorvald Torgersen-13291 was born in 1861 in Strengsdal, Nøtterøy, Vestfold, Norway. He died in 1910 in , Quebec, , Canada. He married Josefine Amynda Jacobsen-13290 in 1890 in Nøtterøy Kirke, Nøtterøy, Vestfold, Norway.Josefine Amynda Jacobsen-13290 was born on 19 Nov 1866 in Strengsdal, Nøtterøy, Vestfold, Norway. She died in 1948 in Strengsdal, Nøtterøy, Vestfold, Norway. She married Thorvald Torgersen-13291 in 1890 in Nøtterøy Kirke, Nøtterøy, Vestfold, Norway.Their daughter Hedvig Therese Torgersen was my grandmother and was also born in Vestfold, Notteroy, Strengsdal.On Lenke I found the rest of my grandmother's siblings listed. I'm wondering if any of their families are still in Vestfold and if so, how can I find them when I come? (See below for family listing)My grandmother's 2nd husband was Eugen Sather, they emmigrated to the U.S. in 1923. We've not been able to track any information on him. His father's name may have been Arne Sather and his mother Alana Sather, but we're not sure at all. My grandfather was born December 9, 1884 and was a stone cutter. We do not have a parish or town for him, just Norway.I'm the youngest of 4 siblings and we're very hopeful that we can find some family in Vestfold. Our grandfather passed when our dad was 12, so we never knew him. My grandmother didn't speak much of the family details.Husband Thorvald Torgersen Born: 1861 - Strengsdal, Br 28, Nøtterøy, Vf Marr: Private - Died: 1910 - Quebec, Canada Father: Karl Torgersen Mother: Oline Tollefsdatter Tømmerholt Other Spouses:Wife Josefine Amynda Jacobsen Born: Private - Died: - Father: Hans Edvard Jacobsen Mother: Tomine Sofie Andreasdatter Other Spouses:Children Karl Olaf Torgersen Born: Private - Marr: - Agnes Victoria Westdahl Died: -Hedvig Therese Torgersen Born: Private - Marr: - Jens Anton Jensen Died: -Thora Josefine Torgersen Born: 04.03.1896 - Hovhøy, Strengsdal, Nøtterøy, Vf Marr: - Anders Hansen Died: 08.02.1974 - Tønsberg, VfSamuline Andrea Torgersen Born: Private - Died: -Alf Torgersen Born: 01.07.1903 - Strengsdal, Nøtterøy, Vf Marr: - Mary Died: DES 1986 - Metarie Jefferson, California

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stacey Sather

Thank you Gunn!I had found them here before, but since I don't read Norwegian, I didn't know what this exactly was. Is it a census report?I'm hoping to trace the family to my generation if possible.Thank you for your help,Stacey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Yes it is census report. I Have been at the same area in August this year with relatives from USA.We tried to find the old farms their relatives came from. ( Strengsdal was one of the fams)We visited Nøtterø Church to try to find old graves too. Not so easy , but I think you can have better luck . I try to put a link pictures from the Church her: LenkeI will try to find your forfathes graves in a register from the local historical sosiety.Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stacey Sather

Gunn,I can't thank you enough!!! The church is beautiful!! To find the graves of my family would be amazing!Have you met any of your descendants/relatives that are still living in the area? Do you know the best way to locate relatives who are still living in the area?Stacey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

According to 'Nøtterøy' by Sigurd H. Unneberg, issued 1971:Karl Olaf Torgersen (1891-). Lived at Brevik, Nøtterøy. Married 1917 to Agnes Viktoria Johannessen (Westdahl) (1893-1970). Children: 1. Thordis (1917-), married to Knut Solvang, living in Bærum (west of Oslo). 2. Arvid (1920-), married to Erna Olsen (1922-), living at Strengsdal. 3. Agnes (1921-), married to Karsten Georg Blix Berggren (1917-), living at Strengsdal. Agnes and Karsten had one child, but the rules of phorum prohibits publishing information about persons still alive. Would you please post your e-mail-address?Hedvig Therese Torgersen died sometime between 1917 and 1926 (when her husband remarried), apparently without children.Thora Josefine Torgersen may have descendants, but as she lived in Tønsberg, they are not mentioned in the book.Samuline appears to have died in infancy or as a child.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Sorry my confusion. As Hedvig Therese is your grandmother, I suppose she didn't die, but got divorced from her first husband.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stacey Sather

Hello Kristian, Yes! my email address is sgsdesign05@earthlink.net.My grandmother Hedvig Therese Torgersen did not die as the book mentions. She remarried as well, to Eugen Sather and emmigrated to the U.S. in 1923 and had a child, Eugene Sather, in 1924, I am one of his 5 children.I can't thank you so much for your information!!Stacey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The book didn't say that she died, I just interpreted it that way as her husband remarried. Anyway; I've sent you an e-mail with information about a still living relative.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.