Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52929] Mikael Bentzen from Kristiania Prindsens Gade 11

Gjest Darin Flansburg
 Del

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Hello,I am looking for more information on Mikael Bentzen son of Bent Mogens Bentzen and Magnhild. They were living at Prindsens Gade 11 (Kristiania) in 1875. Does anyone know if he is the identical person who left from Kristiana in 5 May 1887 for Minneapolis? Any information on this family would be appreciated.Thank youDarin Flansburg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marit Nyhus

Hello DarinI`ve found Bent Mogens and Magnhild in 1865 in Kristiania with two children [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=8&filnamn=f60301&gardpostnr=223&personpostnr=5890&merk=5890#ovre>LenkeHere is the family in 1900 with two more children,Alexander and Halldis LenkeMikaels christening in Domkirken, his given name was Mikael Heltzen. LenkeIn Ellis Island

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Morten Petter Mortensen

Hello DarinWe are probably 2nd cousins as Bent Mogens and Magnhild are my great-grandparents, and secondly: I am doing a book on the Bentzen family.As far as I have in my files is that Michael was an agent in tea and coffee in Minneapolis. On 5th October 1903 he was married in Minneapolis to Jennie Helene Sande, daughter of Emanuel Petter Sanne of Fjällbacka, Sweden and his wife Marie Bolette Jensen of Fredrikstad, Norway. Michael and Jennie had three children.I have registered ancestors and decendants and I am happy to have found you, making it possible to fill in some holes. The manuscript for the book is in Norwegian, but I have decided to make the first version in English as there is more family in the US than in Norway.I am easiest contactable on shipping@mpmortensen.comBest regards Morten

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Hello Everyone,Thank you for responding to my post. When I posted this I initially thought that I had the right Mikkel Benson. However through your posts I see that I do not. My Mikkel never lived in Minneapolis for any length of time, at least to my knowledge. The Mikkel that I am looking for has many similarities with this Mikkel. Both were born in the same year and both left for America at the same time. My Mikkel went to Northern Minnesota (Wadena County), while this one apparently stayed in Minneapolis and became an agent for tea and coffee.Oddly enough I have searched through the digitalarkivet website for a Mikkel Benson who left for America in the mid to late 1880s and this is the only one I could find. I was even more amazed when I found he was born in the same year.Sorry for any confusion.Darin Flansburg Baxter, Minnesota

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.