Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#52973] Charles John Nelson in 1869

Gjest Ron  Jones
 Del

Gjest Patty Dahl

Well, now I am wondering about this family...it all looked like a good 'fit'...but in 1900, Lars and Julia NELson and their children are in Yellow Medicine (Norman Township) MN...but it says they have been married 46 years (marriage in 1854)...this does not agree with the 'norway' info about their marriage.Julia gave birth to 14 children!!Lars was born March 1837, and Julia in July 1840. Can't read the year of immigration at Heritage Quest...what does the immigration year look like in Ancestry?mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Jones

Hi Patty,I just now found all of the wonderful responses and haven't had time to read all of them. Question: How do I find th church book for Halden? That is a new one for me. I can find the family in Ostfold. Thanks again to all that have answered.Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

Great to find them in America. I now see them too in MN 1880 and 1900. I see Julia Nelson still in MN in 1910 widow. Here it says she immigrated in 1872. Dtr. Mary 51 yrs. and Oscar 22 yrs. Mary also imm. 1872. Maybe that's her oldest Anne M. OK, just found the oldest child: Anne Marie born July 26, 1858. Lars Nilsen and Julie are parents. Funny she was not on emigration list, but she was on 1865 census. It was unusual to have so many children survive!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

On the census 1900, Julia is said to be born July 1840. I found her baptism in Halden July 2, 1840! Parents Henrik Jensen and Elisabeth Torgersdtr. Then for her parents' marriage: 1838 July 6 (page 279 #26 in the book 1834-45), widower fabric worker, Henrik Jensen 27 yrs. son of Jens Henriksen with Elisabeth Noimand 23 yrs. dtr. of Torger Noimand. Both born Fredrikshald. Looks like the books for Id are not online yet for the years we need for Lars' birth. He should be born in March (1837?)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Margaret og Ron og alle! Well, this is my 'theory': I am thinking that Lars and family were living in Pennsylvania for a time during the 1870s, where several of the children were born. Then the family headed for Minnesota. It is possible that Charles never went to Yellow Medicine county, MN...but that he 'got off the train' in La Crosse, some time around 1880 while the rest of the family went on west to MN, where Frank was born, just around 1880. How does that sound?Yes, Margaret... it IS amazing that all 14 children lived!mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Jones

Patty and Margaret,Thank you both for your great help and suggestions. Patty, I think your thoughts are about the line of mine. I found Charles in all the places I could look. Now Margaret, can you direct me to the place of Julia's baptism? I have looked at 1840 and if she is there I can't see her.. I found the family wedding with no trouble.Thanks again for your help.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

Hi Ron. Julia (Julie Alette Marie)'s birth record is in Halden records 1834-45. Be sure to go to baptisms for 'Kvinner' (women). Page 163 the 3rd from the top. I can't read the word in front of her father's name (occupation). I agree with the timeline for the family, but who knows if Charles went first to MN. Lars probably did not like the state church in Norway and went to PA to 'school?' to be a minister, or just to preach there. Interesting what religion the lady you are helping says they were. I count only 11 children: Anne Marie (Mary), Carl Johan, Theodore Emil, Nils C., Elise, Kate A., John, Lydia, Frank, Laurence and Oscar. Does the lady you are helping know these siblings?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Margaret,I found it, didn' go far enough into the book. Don't know answer about religion or siblings. Only looks at her email maybe once a weekThanks again, Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei igjen! Margaret or Ron, I wonder if you would give your private email here...I have some other information I wanted to tell you about, regarding the Charles Nelson family.Is there any interest in information about living relatives?mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.