Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#53396] Looking for death record in Østfold for Jens Ludvig Johansen about 1906

Gjest Diane Shotwell
 Del

Gjest Diane Shotwell

My great grandfather, Jens Ludvig Johansen, drowned when he was out fishing in the fjords. He was living in Fredrikstad (or Moss) at the time. My grandmother was born November 10, 1896 and she was 9 years old at the time of her father's death, thus putting it in 1906 or late 1905. Jens was born June 16, 1872 in Fredrikstad. Were death records kept for someone 'lost at sea'? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

They lived in Moss in 1900: Lenke I checked both the churchbooks from Moss (town) and Moss county from 1904 to 1907 included without finding him.I found one Jens Johannesen i 1906, but he was 8 years too old and did not die at sea. He was a carpenter, though.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is that person anyway:In the 'ministerial'-book, his birth-year is given between 1861 and 1865, so it's probably not yours: Kildeinformasjon: Østfold fylke, Bysoknet i Moss, Ministerialbok nr. II 4 (1902-1912), Døde og begravede 1906, side 429. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=3080&idx_id=3080&uid=ny&idx_side=-424>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Erik Hansen

Hello You find your grandfather here[url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=366&idx_id=366&uid=ny&idx_side=-86on>Lenke the right side, he died 16/03-1906 and become bury the 26/03 in west Fredrikstad. It also tell that he was a wood seller and that he drowned, it also tell where but I can not read it. He was borne in 1872 in west Fredrikstad

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Diane Shotwell

Mange mange tusen takk!! My father was born in Oslo and he recently turned 90 years old. He will be so pleased to finally know what happened to his grandfather. We did not even know if his body had been recovered and buried. Thank you again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Diane Shotwell

I do not know the place where he drowned, but the listing of his death in the Fredrikstad parish register must be him. I had already found him in the 1900 Census, but maybe you can help me with a translation of 'Snedker ved Korn Møllebrug'. Was Korn Møllebrug the name of a factory or business of some kind? Is snedker the same as snekker? I have in my records that he was a furniture maker, but I'm not sure what my source was for that, so it may be wrong. Thank you for all your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

'Snedker' is just the former spelling of 'snekker' - capenter, but it could also be a furniture maker. I doubt that is the case here, though, as I think Korn Møllebrug may just mean that he worked at a corn/flour mill. I would be very surprised if they gave such a name to a furniture shop!There was surely need for a carpenter at flour mills some 100 years ago.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.