Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#53531] Lisa Andersdatter, Aamot - Did she emigrate to America?

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson
 Del

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Parents Anders Olsen and Lene Jeremia Larsdtr. of Aamot parish had many children who emigrated to America. They were: Anton (Sonsthagen in America), born 28 April 1848 in Aamot; Charles (?), born, June, 1844; Oline, born May, 1846; Lars (Kilde in America), born 16 March 1851; Otto, born 24 May 1853; Gottmar (Anderson in America) born 15 January 1856. The tradition in the family is that one sister remained in Norway. She is thought to have been named Lisa and that she probably married an Ole Amundson in July, 1865. There is further evidence that they had a daughter named Anna. A granddaughter of Anton (Anderson) Sonsthagen has asked me to attempt to verify there was a sister of these emigrants named Lisa. Did she remain in Norway or did she, too, later emigrated to America? Anton married Oline Larsdtr. Skramstad from the Vang parish on 6 November 1874. Their son, Gustav was born on 26 September 1879 in Rena, Norway before they emigrated to North Dakota where Anton died on 9 August 1912 in Litchville, North Dakota. Thanks for any assistance that anyone can give me in this search.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Thanks to both Rigmor and Oddrun for the valuable information that you gave me. I appreciate it very much! Tusen takk! The 1900-telling does include Lise's daughter, Anne Marie; That census also shows that Lise had 2 sons, Gustav Adolf and Oskar, that were unknown to their American relatives. In addition, it also shows that Lise's mother, Jeremia Larsdatter was still living at Bergeløkken. I am meeting with Anton Sonsthagen's granddaughter this coming Sunday. She, too, will be very pleased with this information.I noticed that Anton, born 28 April 1848 is not on the 1865-telling of the Bergeløken gard. He would have been 17 years old at that time so I suspect that he is working on another farm.Again, thanks for your assistance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

This family is listed in the Åmot bygdebok (the local genealogy and history book), vol.2, page 203, as living on the cotter's farm Bergeløkken. The book gives the following information: Anders Olsen from Løten (or Vang?), born 1808, deceased Aug.24 1889, married to Lene Jeremia Larsdatter, born in Trysil Sept.14, 1824, as the daughter of the Swedish pastor Lars (or Lorens) Restadius in the parish of Lima in Sweden, and Lise Larsdatter Sønsthagen from Trysil. The bygdebok lists the following children of Anders Olsen and Lene Jeremia:1. Karl Ludvig Andersen, born 1844, married 1864 to Dorte Olsdatter Bolstadeie, born Jan.8, 1845. (This couple had three children - Anton Karlsen (b.1864, d.Dec.21, 1876), Oline Karlsdatter (b.1886), and Lene Jeremia Karlsdatter (born. Sept.20 1870).)2. Anton Andersen, born Apr.25, 1848, married 1874 to Oline Larsdatter, born 1849 (emigr. to USA).3. Lars Gurinus Andersen, born Oct.27, 1850 (emigr. to USA).4. Otto Andersen, born 1854 (emigr. to USA).5. Gotmar Andersen, born Jan.19, 1856 (emigr. to USA).6. Gina Lovise Andersdatter, born Mar.17, 1859, deceased Apr.6, 1926, married 1882 to Tollef Karlsen Sønsthagebakken, born Apr.4, 1853, deceased Sep.12, 1936.7. Gunder Andersen, born Apr.13, 1862 (emigr. to USA).8. Lise Andersdatter, born Mar.23, 1865, married to Ole Amundsen from Magnor, born 1861.9. Kristoffer Andersen, born, Jul.10, 1870. From the above you can see that there actually were two sisters that remained in Norway - Gina Lovise and Lise.We find information about the latter on page 406 where her family is listed under the cotter's farm Rødsdalen. Ole Amundsen is said to have been born in Eidskog on June 10, 1861, and he died Apr.7, 1942. His wife Lise Andersdatter with the birth date as per above, died Dec.4, 1951. The following three children of this couple are listed: Gustav Amundsen (b. Mar.10, 1887), Anna Amundsen (b. Mar.20, 1889, d. Feb.2, 1950), and Oskar Amundsen (b. Sep.22, 1894).On page 178, under the cotter's farm Sønsthagebakken, we find pictures of Gina Lovise and her husband Tollef Karlsen, and they are listed with nine children. The family took Sønstagen as their family name.Tollef Karlsen Sønsthagen was married first to Ida Andersdatter Arnestad, but she died in 1879, 26 years old, after only one year's marriage. Then, in 1882, the widower Tollef married Gina Lovise Andersdatter Bergeløkken. The following children are listed:1. Karen Tollefsdatter, b.1878, d. the same year (- so she was born in Tollef's first marriage).2. Karl Tollefsen, b.1882, d. 1955, married 1908 to Anne Marie Pedersdatter Bernts from Nordre Osen, b.1877, d.1945.3. Karsten Tollefsen, b.1883, married to Pernille Olsdatter Strand, b.1889, d.1955 (- they moved to Strand in Nordre Osen).4. Johan Tollefsen, b.1884, d.1919.5. Gunder Tollefsen, b.1886, married 1930 to Klara Sandmel from Ringsaker, b.1891 (- they moved to the town of Moss).6. Thorvald Tollefsen, b. 1887, d.1959, married first 1925 to Hanna Børresen, b.1883, d.1943, married second to Borghild Iversen, b.1923.7. Inga Tollefsdatter, b.18888. Margit Tollefsdatter, b.18909. Tora Tollefsdatter, b. 1902 So, as you can see, the chances are good that there still are living descendants of Anders Olsen and Lene Jeremia in Norway!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

Here are the pictures of Gina Lovise Andersdatter and Tollef Karlsen Sønsthagen, scanned from the Åmot bygdebok, vol.2, p.178.

bilete3668.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Many tusen takk to both Rigmor Waler Iversen and Tore S. Falch for the excellent additional information that you sent in answer to my inquire about Lise Andersdatter, o.s.v. The wealth of information you supplied is greatly appreciated. I will pass this information on to the American relatives in this extended family. Maybe they will have some additional questions. Again, many thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 10 måneder senere...
Gjest Tore S. Falch

Just an additional information to post #7: I have found the wedding of Anders Olsen and Lene Jeremia in Elverum (the parish south of Åmot) - see couple #10 in this link - Lenke.The parish record says that on April 12th 1844 the bachelor Anders Olsen Diset from Klettsveen in Løten, 35 years old, son of Ole Olsen Klettsveen, married the maiden Lene Jeremia Larsdatter from Lindberget in Elverum, 20 years old, daughter of Lars Restadius.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

Further to my above posting earlier today: Here is Anders Olsen Klettsveen's confirmation in Løten in 1824 (#15 on page 516) - [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=6025&idx_id=6025&uid=ny&idx_side=-268>Lenke. It shows that Anders was born on February 8, 1808, and that his parents' names were Ole and Kjersti.On page 635 we find Anders' family's arrival in Løten - Lenke. It shows that the cotter (= husmann) Ole Olsen and his wife Kirsti Andersdatter and their four children on the cotter's farm Klette-Eye (= Klettsveen) moved in from the parish of Vang, bringing with them a certificate or attestation dated August 8, 1822.And finally, here is Anders' baptism in Vang -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.