Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#53675] Baptismal Registers

Gjest Richard Olsen
 Del

Gjest Richard Olsen

I know that a couple resided in West Fredrikstad from 1905-1909. I know the street address where they resided, and that they were godparents to several children.I can not find their children's baptismal registers online.Any thoughts/suggestions?Thank You.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

It might help if you post the names of the couple and the names of their children (and if you know - estimated time of birth). And if you know when & where they married this may also be a great help - in case they lived somewhere else when their children were born.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Thank you for your reply. I did not post any names because I was not asking nor wanted anyone to think that I wanted someone to check the records for me. I thought that others may have experienced the same or similar.The couple's names are Johannes and Inga Marie (Olsen) Ludvigsen. They married in December 1901 in West Fredrikstad. It is believed that they had 5 children, names and birth dates unknown. A guess at the birth dates would be between 1902-1912. Possible children's names are Wilhelm, Marie, and Amy.I found records of this couple being Godparents to children of Inga's brother and Inga's uncle in West Fredrikstad from 1905 to 1909. Apparently, they relocated to the Oslo area sometime during or after 1909 and the younger children were probably born in that area.Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

Hi again,I found Inga Marie & Johannes marriage, but I'm sorry to say; none of their children yet.Have had a look at the most obvious church records. Says in their marriage record that he was a sailor. You know anything about this? If he worked on ships sailing abroad he could have been away from home for quite a long time each time?This seems like a real puzzle (and I love puzzles) - so if you can give some more information; like names & dates of the children they were godparents to, their address in Fredrikstad, names of known brothers & sisters etc.Anna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Anna Nilsen, thank you very much!Here is the information you requested:1905 birth April 18 – baptised May 14 Reidar Olai – parents – Olger Gram Olsen and Blende Fredrikke Jonassen Address – Gellertsengade 10 Godparents – Johannes and Inga Ludvigsen – Gellertsengade 101906 birth July 7 – baptised September 16 Anna – parents Holger Gram Olsen and Blende Jonassen Godparents – it appears that Inga and Johannes Ludvigsen had different addresses1906 birth April 10 – baptised July 8 Elvira Marie – parents – Alfred Larsen and Julianne Marie Svensen – Hjornerodgade 7 Godparents – Inga’s address appears to be Gellertsengade 10. Johannes appears to be in a diiferent location1907 birth – August – baptised September 22 Karsten Oliver – parents Alfred Larsen and Julianne Marie Svensen – Hjornerod 7 Godparents – Johannes Ludvigsen address is listed as Hole… . Inga is listed but no given address.1909 Birth January 1 – baptised March 7 Ruth (Guinnar?) – parents Olger Gram Olsen and Blende Fredrikke Jonassen – Trosvik Torv 1 Godparents – Johannes and Inga have the same address, although the writing is difficult to readOlger Gram Olsen is Inga Marie (Olsen) Ludvigsen's brother.Alfred Larsen is Inga's uncle (Inga's mother's brother)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Anna Nilsen

Hi again Richard,Sorry to say I've found nothing yet to help in the search of Johannes & Inga Maries descendants. Have tried searching for births in the Fredrikstad area - but to no avail - so am now searching for their childrens confirmation in Oslo (1915 & later). The only thing I have found that's maybe new to you is the fact that Johannes was in London on a ship called Veritas during the 1900 census.Anna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Anna, thank you very very much for your effort. Your time and consideration is very much appreciated.I did check the birth records in West Aker (if I recall the name correctly)but did not find anything. It is believed that in 1914, they were living in the Grefsen/Disen area.I did not know about Johannes being in London.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

Just another (little) thing; quoting: 1909 Birth January 1 – baptised March 7 Ruth (Guinnar?) – parents Olger Gram Olsen and Blende Fredrikke Jonassen – Trosvik Torv 1 Godparents – Johannes and Inga have the same address, although the writing is difficult to readHer name is Ruth Gunvor.Mvh Anna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anna Nilsen

Hi again,And thanks for the information about their location in Oslo. So far I have just had their names in mind when searching for my own family in the same period & area. (Had a bit of luck too, and found two new persons to add to my family-three).The fact that you know the area where they lived in Oslo is a great help. So I'll keep an eye open, and hope we will find their childrens confirmation - and thereby their place of birth.Anna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.