Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#53806] Where is Hallingdal (Næs Præstegjeld)?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

In 1852, Guri Karine Anfindsdtr (b. 1823 at Åsbø) married Helge Kristoffersen, b ca 1827. See here:LenkeI can't make out the farm name for Helge, but I believe it is in Næs Præstegjeld, Hallingdal. Where is this? I can't find it!I tried to search O.Rygh, and found many municipalities that are like Næs, but could not be sure it was the right one.I hope someone can help me...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helmin Kvennodd

Hi! This family lived in Gullingsrudeie,or as it is called in Terje Østro`s book about Nes,Bentehaugen/Øvre Skomakarhaugen. The family is mentioned in page 564 and 565. helmin fra brevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Anne & Helmin!Yes, I'm sure this is 'my' Helge born in 1828. I found a record of his migration into Finnås in Oct 1851. It showed this date -- 15 Feb 1829. which is date he was baptized.Thanks again for your help...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge R. Naess

To No.2: and Patricia - Nes or Naes is to be found in many places in Norway, not least Nes (Romerike), Naes (Hedmark) and well, yes, in Buskerud. (Even I am one.... from Nes in Maridalen, near Oslo, but that is another story).What about getting yourself a map of Norway ? - Hallingdal is one of the most important valleys.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Helge & BeritI have a nice map of southern Norway ('Sør-Norge sør') that shows me the homes of many of my and my husband's ancestors. But I think I also need 'Sør-Norge nord', since my maternal grandmother and her ancestors were born in Sogn og Fjordane.I realize that there are many places named Næs/Nes, which is why I was unsure of where this man was from. I think this is the first person I have encountered who was from Buskerud. Between my husband and me, we have ancestors in Sogn og Fjordane, Hordaland, Rogaland, Vest-Agder, Aust-Agder, Vestfold, Akershus, Møre og Romsdal and maybe more that I can't remember.I am grateful for everyone's help! I will bookmark that maps page!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.