Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#53930] Mathisen family in Eidsvoll

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

I am trying to find the birth records of three children who are supposed to have been born in Eidsvoll. In the 1900 census they are found in Nord-Fron, Brekken. They are the children of Hans Mathisen and Eline Olsdatter. It says they are born in Eidsvoll, but I can't find them in the Digitalarkivet records. Are there other records not on line from Eidsvoll for the period 1887-1893?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have the family in Nord Fron in 1900 census. Lenke There are records from Eidsvoll at the time you asked for.I will try to help you to find the records. Best regards from Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne J. Engmo

I don`t think you will find them in any birth records.The 1900 census say that they do not belong to any church.(Udtrådt intet samfund = not parished)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Anne, That is very interesting. It would account for why I can not find them. Would the births be registered in a civil record?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thank you so much! It looks like they were married in Kristiania 1878 (somewhere) and then left the church in 1886. I don't understand the last column. Do they have two more children born probably in Kristiania before 1886?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Botterud

You are right, this was their revokation from the church. They were married in Christiania in -78 and as far as I can read the last coloumn says that they had two children that were to be raised as dissidents '2 børn som ærklæredes at skulde oppdrages som Dissentere'.I suppose the husband was working on the railroad construction. In 1900 the line was finished to Tretten and work was going on to complete the line to Otta. My father's aunt from Tretten married one of the railroad workers, a Swede, and in 1897 they emigrated to Wisconsin and ND working the Soo line. They became farmers in ND.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Svein,Tusen takk for hjelpen me. Now I have my work cut out for me trying to find their marriage and the birth of two other children in Kristiania 1878- ?At some point they leave Eidsvoll before 1900 and move to Nord-Fron, Oppland. Wonder where they went after that??Yes, many Norwegians came to America to work for the railroad. I also had family in Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Trond! Thank you for finding the marriage record. I have found three more children in Eidsvoll - Ludvig Arthur, Agnes and Harald born 1880, 1882, and 1885. I'm surprised I don't find anything after 1893. Perhaps they left Eidsvoll after the birth of Rakel Elisabeth in 1893.Tusen takk! Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thanks Aud! This is interesting. I wonder where Kongslimoen is located? I don't think it is in Stange. Guess I would need to know in order to find Ole Olsen birth record.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I wonder if this is Eline Olsdatter as a forsterchild in 1865. LenkeWhen Eline was baptized her mother was unmarried , pige: Agnethe Engebretsdatter, and father Ole Olsen , Ungkarl. (not married)The fosterchild might be with her grandfather and grandmother??I se if I can find her mother in 1865 too.Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thanks Gunn and Aud for finding these records. It is interesting that Eline's father was from Nord-Fron as that is where she and her husband are living in 1900.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.