Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#55804] contact person

Gjest Richard Olsen
 Del

Gjest Richard Olsen

I have the name ,address, and phone number of a person in Fredrikstad whom I believe is the person/family I was seeking. This person is elderly. I would phone this person myself, but it may be overwhelming for this person to receive a call from a person in another country.I was wondering if there is anyone in Fredrikstad who would contact this person on my behalf?If interested, you may email me for details.familyr@hotmail.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Svenning

Dear Richard Olsen,Unless the person is really and truly ancient it is doubtful that a phone call from another country, in itself, will be overwhelming.However, to be on the safe side, what I would suggest is to use the elderly-friendly method of writing the lady a letter - not an e-mail, not a phone call, but the sort that requires an envelope and a stamp. If language is a difficulty there would, surely, be someone nearby who could translate.Best regards and good luckTore Svenning

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Tore, thank you for the reply.Being honest, several years ago I had a conversation by phone with a relative in Norway. Due to the heavy accent it was difficult to understand all that was stated. I am sure that this person had the same difficulty with me. The different word pronunciations at times sees different context. I mean no offense by this, just keeping it real.I thought about sending a letter. The problem with sending a letter is that if the person does not reply then I will not know if I am on the right track. This person may be able to knock down the brick wall that I keep hitting when researching the family history in Norway.This person was born in 1924, so I am taking every precaution not to upset this person.Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.