Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#55817] Skattebonæs [Skatbunes] Farm - Dybvaag Parish- Vest Augder 1801 Census

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to locate this farm in 1801 - I can find it in 1865 & 1900. According to 'Norske Gaardnavne' this farm originated 1610 [schattebonaas]. I am trying to find ancestors of Ole Nikolai Olsen [Ossuldsssen?]. But cannot find the farm in 1801.Tusen TakkArne Mikal Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddbjørn Johannessen

Unfortunately the 1801 Census for Dypvaag parish (as well as Holt and Flosta) doesn't exist.Oddbjørn Johannessen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There was, however, a local Census in Dypvaag and Flosta in 1815 (not available on the internet).Currently I have the Dypvaag farm and family history at home, so I might find some information for you, if I know what or who you are looking for.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei OddbjørnThank you for responding so quickly! I am searching for the ancestors of Edith B. Olsen, born 1915 in Brooklyn, NY. Her parents were Ole Nikolai Olsen/Osuldsen (b 1869 at Skattebones) and Agnes Augusta Norberg (b. 1876 at Borøen ytre). I believe the parents of Ole were Ola E? Osuldsen (b Skattebones ca 1838) and Oline Bergitte Olsdatter (b ca 1837).Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.mvh Arne Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei ArneYou are right! Ole Nicolai Aasuldsen (Osuldsen) Skattebones was the son of Ole Edvard Aasuldsen Skattebones (b. 1839) and Oline Bergitte Marie Olsdatter Lyngør (b. 1838). Ole Edvard was sea captain, and he died in the Nort Sea 15/4 1880.Ole Edvard's parents: Aasuld Olsen Skattebones (1811-1850) and Johanne Evensdatter Skattebones (1808-1881). Aasuld Olsen was born in Holt Parish, on the farm Øynes, as son of Ole Christoffersen Øynes (b. 1778) and Ingeborg Aasuldsdatter Hegland. Johanne Evensdatter's parents: Even Jensen Apallen (1760-1816; the son of Jens Gjeruldsen Eidbo) and Anne Gundersdatter (ca 1766-1843; the daughter og Gunder Thorsen from Tvedestrand).mvh Oddbjørn Johannessen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you very much for your hard work. Did this information come from a bygdebok? If so, what is the title of this book?Thank you again mvh Arne Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, the information comes from Dypvåg gårds- og slektshistorie (Daniel Danielsen/Sophus Jenssen), bind I, p. 345-351.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Oddbjørn, for this information.I have a couple questions. I could not find a farm named Apallen in any census or on O. Rygh. The closest I could find was Apeland in Gjerestad. I found Johanne's birth record in Dybvåg parish register, (see link below), so I don't think this farm is in Gjerestad.LenkeAlso, you wrote 'Gunder Thorsen from Tvedestrand'. I found a kommune (0914) by this name, but my source (Jan Eri's kommune summary) shows that it did not exist until 1960. But Holt has the same kommune number. Can you help me? Do you have a farm name for Gunder? Was he from Holt?I will appreciate any assistance.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen (I am working with Arne on this...)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Patti.Here is some further information to begin with. Apallen is the name of one of the Skattebonæs farms, but in the censuses it is just called Skattebonæs (gårdsnr. 31, bruksnr. 6).Tvedestrand is not a farm, but a little town. Follow this link, and you will find some more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tvedestrand

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again, Oddbjørn!The information about Apallen is much help.About Anna Gundersdtr... I did not have any luck finding her birth in the parish registers. I tried looking in Holt, but had no luck. This is the only record I found that fits, but I think the location is all wrong.Anna Gundersdtr, døpte 30 Oct 1768 at Engelskien in Austre Moland, daughter of Gunder Thoersen & Johanne Christiansdtr. See this link:LenkeWhat do you think? Is it possible?mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, you have found the right Anna Gundersdtr.! The familiy moved later on from Austre Moland parish to Tvedestrand. I quote Dypvåg gårds- og slektshistorie, p. 348 (my translation):'Gunder Torsen in Tvedestrand came in fact from Engelstjønn in Ø. Moland, the son of Tor Jonsen (from Hegland in Holt) and Anne Torsteinsdatter. Gunder Torsen moved later on (from Tvedestrand) to Staubo (in Flosta), where he died in 1808. In the meantime they probably had been living at Skattebonæs for some years, and Johanne Christensdatter (who was born in Kolbjørnsvik, Hisøy parish) came as a widow back to her daughter at Apallen. In 1815 she was 74 years old, and she died in 1822, 83 y.'mvh Oddbjørn J.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

AHA! That is good news! Thank you for the additional information about Gunder Thorsen.OK... one more question... I found the birth record for Aasuld Olsen here:LenkeIt shows that he was born at Tvedestrand (in Holt?). Is this possibly a smaller farm under Øynes? I know Tvedestrand is also the name of a town... any thoughts?mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He was born in the town Tvedestrand (which at that time belonged to Holt parish). In fact Tvedestrand was in 1811 not a town yet, but a harbour for some of the nearby Holt farms - and for Næs Jernwerk (Ironwork).His father (Ole Christoffersen), however, was born at Øynes - a little farm near the Ironwork. One of the neighbouring farms was Hegland, where Aasuld Olsens's mother (Ingeborg Aasuldsdatter) was born.Holt bygdebok (Sv. Svensen, 1940) tells us (page 594) that Ole Christoffersen (b. 1778) in the year 1805 bought a house in Tvedestrand. The family took later on the name Biering.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Oddbjørn!You have been very helpful and patient with all my questions!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Patti!Here is a picture of Aasuld Olsens brother, Christoffer Olsen (1805-1880). He was a sea captain and a ship builder in Tvedestrand, married to Hedevig Biering (1812-1891). The picture is taken from the book Tvedestrand 1836-1936.

bilete4116.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Oddbjørn! It's always good to put a face with the name. I thought there must have been a brother named Christoffer. So, is this where the name 'Biering' came from (Christoffer's wife)? Is it a place name? It sounds German...Very interesting!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Christoffer Olsen was also the head of the local bank in Tvedestrand. The name Biering belonged to his wife. She was baptized Hedevig Cattarina Magdalena in Dybvaag parish 1812. Her father was a customs officer at Borøya in Dybvaag: Andreas Biering (her mother's name: Mette).I don't know where Andreas Biering came from - probably Denmark. Christoffer Olsen's children (and later generations) used the Biering-name. This was a quite wealthy and 'powerful' family in Tvedestrand for many years.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.