Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#55819] aa vs å in Slidre 1745

Gjest Robert Bjerke
 Del

Gjest Robert Bjerke

In the scan of the Slidre parish register of 1724-1814, on page 647, in the list of persons buried on 10 January 1745, you will find the names Ole Pederßen Ørager and Aastri Knuds d. Ørager. Ørager is the farm that is called Øiraaker in the census of 1900.Above the a in Ørager in both entries, you will see a circle. The same circle appears over the a in Aastri. Elsewhere on this page the scribe uses the graph aa.I have never seen an a with a circle over it in 18th century Norwegian handwriting. If I am misconstruing what I am seeing, please let me know.I hope this is the link to the scan: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Bjerke

Look again. There are two loops over the name. The first loop is part of the initial A. The second loop is not part of the P in the line above, but looks exactly like the loop in all the other capital A's.Now that I've made a big deal out of this, I want to be sure I've got it right.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

I think it spells Adstri. It would make more sense than Aastri/Aadstri, and if you compare to some of the other d's on the page it's no distinct difference.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Take a look at the bottom om left page: 15... Mads Gullichs.: Rudsta, 80 aar. Rudsta, for me the dst looks the same as Aadstri. I can not do any better. I hope someone else can help you with this.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Ketil, I belive you are right. What I belived to be a small a is in fact the start of a 'long and open' d. I do not know any other way to describe the d.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Bjerke

I think I'm going with Adstri. The scribe would have written Aa, rather than AA.Thanks so much everybody for your contributions. In English we have a saying 'Two heads are better than one'. And sometimes it takes four or five.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.