Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#55843] Halvor Svenchesen 1709 Svenche Halvorsen Grindheim

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

I am trying to confirm if they were both from Grindheim, as the family is a few generations up the line, father and son, Halvor b 1709, Svenche b 1683. I would also like to extend this line back further if it can be done. Svenche was married to Marthe Torgiussen b 1687, I think her parents may be Torgius Torgiussen and Ann Bjornsdatter, any help here is also appreciated, they may also be from Grindheim, but I do not know for sure. Thanks!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gine Olsen

Hi!I don't know which are your sources for these two from Grindheim, but your best bet for finding out more would definitely be the Grindheim Bygdebok. I had this home with me a long time ago looking for another Svenke (Helgesen Høyland), with a connection to Sør-Audnedal, and at the time I listed up those with the name Svenke in the book as far as I found them.The ones you are interested are probably those from the farm Flottorp (pp. 298, 300 and 303 in the Grindheim Bygdebok). Here you will find Svenke Halvorsen, mentioned 1661, 1711-12, as being 27 years of age in 1664 and as dead (skifte) 1729. His wife was, as you say, Marthe Torgiusdatter and they had (at least) 5 children: Halvor, Odd, Aanon, Ole and Anne. As I haven't got the book, I can't say for certain that your Svenche was not born as late as you say, but this is not what I have noted down.Unfortunately, this is all I have, for more you'll need to consult the bygdebok or get the help of someone who has access to it.As far as I have been able to determine, the name Svenke is a variant of Sve(i)n(d), also existant in English as Swain/Swayn.Gine.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.