Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#56256] Hans Olsen and Mathea Steffensdatter lived in Oslo; Can marriage record be found

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Hans Olsen came from Branstorp in Skjeberg to Oslo and was on the 1875 census living at Ruseløkveien 33. Occupation = mason. Born 20 April 1851. Mathea Steffensdatter emigrated to Oslo from Grue in Hedmark in the late 1870's. They had 3 children in Oslo before emigrating to the US in 1887 ( April 28). The children born in Norway were Sigurd Olsen, born 5 Oct. 1881 Oslo; Oscar, born abt. 1883, and Christ Rudolph Eugene, born 23 May 1885 in Oslo. With so many churches, is there any chance to find if the parents were married in Oslo? Or births of their children?Thank you. Carla J. Tweeton

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

I have a photocopy of their emigration from the Oslo Emigration Records (film 0353092) 28 April 1887 - 25 May 1888. It lists the family as Hans Olsen, Martha Olsen, Oskar Olsen and Kristian Olsen. The oldest child, Sigurd, emigrated with the grandparents, Steffen and Karen Johnsen from Grue in Hedmark. I have not searched for their emigration.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hans Olsen and family left Kristiania 10 June 1887 for Pelican Rapids. Steffen Johansen,Karen and OLE? left Kristiania 13 May 1886 for same destination.It appears they went before Hans & Marta. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Sigurd Hansen From Kristiania left same day 13 May 1886 as Steffen Johansen.For some reason he is not listed as travelling with Steffen. Ron Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Bernt and Steffen,sons of Steffen Johansen went to Barnesville 31 Mar.1882 from Kristiania.Steffen,Karen and Oles passage in 1886 was prepaid.Probably by the sons in the US. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

I think I have had the parents of Hans Olsen incorrect. At the marriage record he is said to be from Ullensaker. I found a birth record in those records for a Hans Olsen with parents, Ole Tomasen and Anne Karine Olsdatter, born 22/8/1852. I'm going to try looking at the censuses for 1865 and 1875. Does anyone know if there is a bygdebok for this area? Hans was admitted to a hospital in the USA and gave his mother's name as Martha Hansdatter. However, he was not always accurate. I hunted years for him and finally found him buried in my city of Fergus Falls from the church that I belong to! Thank you for all this help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Grue church records show Johanne f.1862 ( chr.11.1.1863 ) left 17.5.1882. This is probably Johanne Steffensdr.Vinger to Fergus Falls. Age is wrong but this is normal. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Yes, that is correct, as Johanne married Hugo Hagerup, who is on the same list with a little hammer by his name????

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla, the hammer is a sign that shows a correction of the name. Click on the hammer and the same page will open, but this time someone's other name suggestion will be shown Hugo was the son of Hans Hagerup & Oline Pedersdtr.They lived in Skandsgaarden,Vinger,Hedmark. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, Thanks again. I also searched for ages for Hugo Hagerup. I will have to check my folder on that family to see if I found him correctly. These families all lived at Pelican Rapids and greatly increased the population as their families were large. Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla,I thought this might have been the other son John but Johannes Steffensen f.1859 is the son of Steffen Pedersen Bjørnstad in Grue.I cant find what became of John. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, John Stephenson Brandvold came to America about 1881 and married Mathilda Olsdatter in 1881. She was the dtr. of Ole Olsen and Karen Arnesdtr. from Brandvold, Norway. He was the father of a son, Soren, who remained in Norway. His mother was Karen Gundersdatter Holt. John's father and mother had more children, I think I remember the names, Karen (married Gustave Korsmoe), Bernt (married Olava Kohlberg)and probably still more- possibly Steffen. John went back to Norway to visit his son, Soren, in 1914. As to Hagerups, I was sent many parts of a Hagerup History in Norway and Denmark BUT I don't think there is any connection. It does include pictures of Edvard Greig and his wife, Nina who was a Hagerup! Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla,I found John ok.He is shown as Jon Steffensen Brænna in the Utflyttet list for Grue as leaving for Amerika 1/4/1881.I cant find him in Oslo or Kristiania though. So all the family went to Pelican Rapids or Barnesville. Steffen Johansen and Karen had 7 children: John b.1856 Martha b.1858 Bernt b.1861 Johanne b.1863 Steffen b.1864 Kristian b.1869 and Ole b.1872.All born in Brænna,Grue.If you need exact dates let me know. The name Stephenson would be the Americanized name for Steffensen no doubt. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, On my records, a daughter is included as the 1st child, Karen Olsdatter , born 26 Jan. 1852. Mother was Karen Kristiansdatter Venberget and father Ole Tostensen. She married Gustave Korsmoe 27 April 1875. Then Steffen and Karen had 8 more children. If you have the time, could you check on MAREN Steffensdtr., born May 27, 1867? She died July 3, 1873. Steffen and Karen were married 27 Dec. 1860. I think I have all the birthdates but I have Johanna born 15 Nov. 1862 and Mathea born 13 Feb. 1859??? Some of this family used the surname Stephenson. Christ, Ole and Bernt used Brandvold. Thanks again. Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla,heres what is in the Grue records: Jon b.31 May 1856 Chr.17 Aug.1856 uekte Steffen Johansen Martea b.22 Oct.1858 chr.13 Feb.1859 uekte Steffen Johansen Steffen Johansen Frysjøberget and Karen married 27 Dec.1860 Groomsmen Peder Pedersen & Ole Johansen Bernt b.8 June 1861 chr.30 June 1861 Johanna b.15 Nov.1862 chr.11 Jan.1863 Steffen b.15 Oct.1864 chr.2 April 1865 Maren b.27 May 1867 chr.11 Sept.1867 Kristian b.8 Oct.1869 chr.6 June 1870 Ole b.30 Mar.1872 chr.23 June 1872 Karen was the daughter of Christian Mortensen Venberget so your Karen Olsdatter uekte barn 26 Jan.1852 is probably correct. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Karen chr.16 May 1830 Grue church Christian Mortensen & Berthe Bredesdtr Christian age 19 and Berthe age 29 marr.24 Nov.1828 Grue Christian chr.4 Mar.1810 Grue Morten Mortensen & Kari Gulbrandsdtr. I found 2 Berthe Bredesdtrs born ca.1798 in Grue. I am not sure which one is yours. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Some info on Hugo Hagerup Skandsgaarden,Vinger Hugo Hagbart Hagerup b.7 Aug.1855 chr.30 Dec.1855 Vinger Hans Eilert Hagerup Skandsgaarden & Oline Marriage to Oline Moistad b.1823 on 23 Aug.1844 Elverum Olines fathers name is unreadible. 1.Hans Eilert Hagerup chr.16 Dec.1812 Strøm ( Odalen ) 2.Hans Henrik Hagerup chr.24 April 1774 Alvdal,Hedmark d.1812 Vestre Os,S-Odal( Strøm)Hedmark Elen Andrea Olsdtr.Berg 1768-1854 Married 3.Nikolai Hagerup b.Dec.1736 Arendal,A-Agder d.2 June 1810 Livichen Brandt b. ca.1750 Foldal Married 20 July 1770 Kvikne,Hedmark Nikolai & Livichen also had a son Jorgen Andreas Hagerup chr.20 Dec.1772 d.18 Oct 1854 4.Hans Jørgen Hagerup Someone has posted Hugo and Johanna Steffensdtr married 1883 in Brandvold?? They were unmarried when they emigrated in 1882.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.