Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#56599] Hodnefjeld in Rennesø or Mosterø

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Does anyone have the bygdebok for Rennesø or Mosterø? I’m not sure which one I need. I am looking for the records of the farm Hodnefjeld. In 1801, I found Hodnefjeld in 1142 Houschen. But in 1900, this farm seems to be in 1143 Mosterø.I am trying to find the birth record for Marthe Malene Andersdatter, b. ca 1773, died May 1838 at Døle in Førdesfjorden. In 1809, she married Peder Ellevsen Østerbø. Her marriage record states that she is from Hodnefjeld. See this link (in Rennesøy Ministerialbok 1772-1815):LenkeI would appreciate any assistance or advice.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei KjellaugThank you for posting back to me on this! I saw Marte Andersdatter at Nordbø, listed with Anders Andersen (her brother?). I tried to find a birth record for him, but the name was just too common.About Peder, I believe he was the son of Ellef Pedersen and Unni Larsdatter, born 1792 at Østerbø in Aurland, Sogn og Fjordane. Here he is in 1801:[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=6&filnamn=f11421&gardpostnr=28&personpostnr=823&merk=823#ovre>LenkeIt is interesting that there is a man named Peder Ellefsen at Hodnefjeld in 1801. I don't know what to make of that. His birth year does not match 'my' Peder Ellefsen. He & Marthe Malene lived at Døle in Avaldsnes. Peder died there in 1836 at age 44. See this link:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

From bygdebooks of Rennesøy page 569 , husmannplass Austbøneset ; Eiliv Eilivson ,b at Nordbø , bapt. 21 .11 1751 , burial 22.3 1789, married 20 .6.1879 to Anna Sjovatsdatter b about 1746 at Byre, Finnøy ,burial 25.2.1798 , she had previos been married to Peder Pederson , and later married to Tor Torsen . Children born to Eiliv and Marta ; Guri bapt. 21.5 1780, Peder bapt. 14.3.1784 , married 10.12.1809 Marta Malena Andersdatter Hatletveit Eiliv bapt 11.11.1787 , burial 15.9.1799.Parents of Anna Sjovatsdatter ; Sjovat Henrikson and Anna Jakobsdatter . Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

I doubt very much that your Peder comes from Aurland in Sogn! It's really a far way off to the north and at that time communications were almost inexistant! You'll find Østbøe(e) in Houschen and also Sørbøe and Nordbø(e). I think he's the one I found in the census from these islands. Very often they were written with the farmname where they worked when they married at that time.Another thing of which you should be aware is that the birth year and age varied a lot from one census to the other included the death records. The only thing that can really give you a correct year is the birth records. On top of that, this Peder Ellefsen/Eilivsen/Elevson was the only one here at that time.This Guri Ellevsdtr is probably his sister: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=4&filnamn=f11142&gardpostnr=19&personpostnr=308#nedre>LenkeLenkeShe too was born on Nesset, but as you see there is a difference of 2 years compared to the census which is quite normal. Lenke This Tosten could be an uncle: LenkeLenkeWe may suppose that at least Peder's parents are dead in 1801.In the 1701 census there's an Ellef Ellefsen 7 years old in Houschen, he could be the grandfather. Unfortunately he is a stepson, so we may deduce that both his parents are dead, or at least his father. LenkeI guess you find Peder and Guri's father here in 1758:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Terrific Tove, I didn't see your answer. Obviously they never left the region!Now it would be very wise if Patty told us the eventual person for whom she has been looking to get to these people. Maybe he/she came from a complete different region too!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tove, does the bygdebook say anything about Peder and marthe moving to Avaldsnes? That could, of course, be a possibility as it's not that far.There was a couple with such a name having children here from 1810 onwards.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

These twins, Eli and Birthe Olene were born there and their parents were Peder Ellefsen and Marta Andersdtr: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeBut it could also be a coincidence.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Did Martha Malene com from Hetletvedt on Stjernøy? Then we should find her in the churchbooks from Hinderå/Nedstrand, but I can't find her there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Kjellaug & ToveThank you both for responding. Yes, I thought it was unlikely that Peder would have traveled so far (from Sogn). A source gave me that information. I went back through my notes, and can't find it now, but it must have been wrong. I'm glad you all have cleared this up before I went any further.OK, this all started with Endre Olai Johannessen born 1881 at Kallevik. He was the son of Johan Eliassen Kallevik (1843-1924) and Anna Martha Ellevsdatter Østhus (1851-1922). Before he emigrated to the US in March 1906, Endre fathered a child with Anna Louise Juliusdatter Kallevik (John Johnsen, born May 1906).Parents of Anna Martha Ellevsdatter were Ellev Andreas Pedersen Døle and Anna Johannesdatter Nodland (married 1840). Ellev Andreas was born 1813 at Døle in Avaldsnes, and died 1866 at Østhus.The parents of Ellev Andreas were Peder Ellevsen & Martha Malene Andersdatter. They also had twins, Birthe Olene & Eli, born 1810 at Mykje in Avaldsnes. Birthe Olene married Jan Jansen Viken in 1834. She died 1871 at Osnes in Torvestad. Eli died young.What do you think... am I on the wrong track?mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

These are definitely the people on Avaldsnes. If Tove can now tell you whether it's written in the bygedook that this couple moved there, then you should be right.I've checked the churchbooks without finding any children on Rennesöy and their first on Avaldsnes correspond to their marriage in 1809.Unfortunately the churchbooks dealing with moving out and in of an area do not seem to be scanned for this specific period.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Kjellaug!Still, this does not confirm that Peder & Martha Malene moved to Avaldsnes, does it? But the names and dates do seem to go together, so it seems likely.I looked in the Nedstrand Ministerialbok for Martha Malene's birth. The only one I could find, which is not a perfect match, was Martha Andersdatter, baptized 30 Aug 1773, daughter of Anders Karlsen and Malene Karlsdatter, both from Nærstrand. I followed her parents until 1800. I never saw a connection to Hatletveit. I believe that Malene Karlsdatter died 1782 at Berget (age 46). Then, in 1785, Anders Karlsen Berget married Mette Osmundsdatter Jørstad. I found an Anders Karlsen, who died 1800 at Langøsundet, age 65. In 1801, Mette is a widow at Wiig.It's all supposition. Marta Malene is still a mystery!Again, many thanks for your assistance!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Never give up! That's my motto-:)I'm also pretty sure that you've got the right people now, but you need to have a source telling you that they moved to Avaldsnes.It doesn't seem to be written in the bygdebook from Stjernaröy, but maybe there's something in the bygdebook from Avaldsnes.I couldn't find Martha/Marthe Malene either, I saw the one above, but she wouldn't have called herself Marthe Malene unless she'd been baptized with that name.I have to give up for tonight, but I'll be interested in seeing if your mystery can be solved-:)mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

I tried to find Hatletveit in 1801 census , the only place was Hatletvedt in Os , Hordaland .But no Anders on that farm in 1801.Marta Malena could be from Os parish, I do not have access to any Bygdebook from Os .Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's something that might be right! I just got more info about Hetletveit/Atletveit:Copy from the bygdebook from Stjernaröy p.65:'Øvre Atletveit, bruksnr. 227. Anders Knutsen, sønn til nr. 13 Knut Olsen og andre kona hans, Marit Andersdtr., vart som me ovafor bnr. 1 har sett, bygselmann på den benefiserte parten av Atletveit, øvregarden, den som seinare fekk bnr. 2. Anders var f. 1720, d. 1784, g. 1761 m. Brita Johannesdtr. Rosså, f. 1743, datter til Johannes Olsen Rosså, Ombo Hjelmeland. Kona til Johannes ikkje namngitt. Barn: a. Knut, f. 1761, g 1800 m Elisabeth Knutsdtr. Holte. Dei hadde eine Kylegarden, det nåverande bnr. 3. Se nr. 34 der. b. Brita, f. 1764, g. 15. jan. 1807 m. Johan Johansen Skogen. c. Marta, f. 16. aug. 1767, d. lita. d. Johanna, f. 1772. e. Marta, f. 1774. f. Eli, f. 16. juni 1777, grl. 2. påskedag 1779. g. Ola (tv), f. 18. juli 1780. h. Eli, (tv), f. 18. juli 1780. i. Anna Malene f. 1. påskedag 1773, d. ung. Anders sa opp bygslinga av Øvre Atletveit. Han flyttet med huslyden sin til plassen Grønholmen u. Høye i Avaldsnes, ca. 1780. Det vart halde skifte etter han den 15. des. 1784 og då var alle borna etter han nemnde så nær som den første Eli. Netto eige etter han var 5 dalar, 3 ort og 16 skilling. Øvre Atletveit vart så bortbygsla'He has a daughter Martha born in 1774 _and_ he moved to Avaldsnes!! Notice that there was a sister Eli who died as an infant and Martha on Avaldsnes called one of her twin daughters Eli! Can you read it or do you need to have it translated?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Well I did look for farms called Hatletveit as the Bygdebook used that name for the farm where Marta Malena came from. I do belive that the persons in nr 17 is the rigth persons .Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Førre

Bygdebok for Avaldsnes II, Porten under Døle: '22. Peder Ellefsen, f. ca. 1792, d. 1836 G.m. Marta Malene Andersdtr., f. ca. 1773, d. 1838 Born: a. Berta Oline, f. ca. 1811, g.m. Jan Jansen, neste oppsitjarpar b. Ellef Andreas, f. 1813, busett på Skre, Andre oppsitjarar nr. 9. Peder og Marta kom hit til Porten ikring 1812-13 som husmannsfolk-23. Jan Jansen, f. 1815, son til Jan Torsteinsen, Vikjå i Torvastad. 1834 g.m. Berta Oline Pedersdtr., f. ca. 1811, dotter til førre oppsitjarparet. Born: a. Jan f. 1834. b. Magdalene, f. 1834 d.s.å. Jan og Berta Oline budde som innerstar her hos foreldra hennar i 1834. Sjå om denne huslyden også under Osnes i Torvastad; Andre oppsitjarar nr. 6.'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks to all of you!Kjellaug, I can make out some of this passage, but not all of it. Here's what I got:Anders Knutsen (son of Knut Olsen & ?? Marit Andersdtr?), 1720-1784, married Brita Johannesdtr. Rosså in 1761. Brita was born 1743, d/o Johannes Olsen Rosså from Ombo in Hjelmeland. Johannes wife's name is not given.Anders had these children:1- Knut b 1761, married 1800 Elisabeth Knutsdtr Holte2- Brita, b 1764, married 15 Jan 1807 to Johan Johansen Skogen3- Marta, b 16 Aug 1767, died young4- Johanna, b. 17725- Marta, b 17746- Eli, b 16 Jun 1777, buried 5 Apr 17797-8 Twins Ola & Eli, b 18 Jul 17809- Anna Malene, b 18 Apr 1773, died youngAbout 1780, Anders & his family went to Grønholmen under Høye in Avaldsnes. His probate was recorded 15 Dec 1784. All his children were named except the older Eli. Øvre Atletveit was leased.I had trouble translating the parts about the farm. Let me know if I missed anything important, or if I got any of the above information wrong.About the passage that Magne posted -- I gather that Peter and Marta came to Porten under Døle 1812-1813... but it does not state where they came from... did I get that right?I haven't looked yet -- would the birth records for the children of Anders Knutsen (1761-1780) be in the Nedstrand Ministerialbok? I will look for Marte to see if her full name was Marta Malene...Thanks again to everyone!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You seem to have got most of it right-:) Anders was Knut Olsen's son with his second wife Marit Andersdtr.If you could get hold of the probate, you'll have his children and probably their husbands/wives too, but I can't see them online so you'll, no doubt, have to ask at the Archives in Stavanger. Maybe Yngve Nedrebö could tell you where to ask.Stjernaröy seems to be with/under Nedstrand, the specific period is not given for Stjernaröy, so I guess it would be under Nedstrand.Could it be that since her sister - called Anna Malene - died young, she was called after her?I'm off to work now, happy hunting-:)mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Their daughter Eli/Eilen (the bottom left) is at least baptized here: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeI've seen both Hetletuet and Atletuet mentioned in the churchbook from Nesstrand, but so far I haven't found Marta Malene.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Marta 1767 was baptized at Nedstrand: Permanent sidelenke (left side): LenkeI can't find either Johanna or Marta. On FS, I see they set them as baptized on Finnöy, but that must be wrong as the above Marta was also there. It's been posted by a private person, though.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Good MorningLast night, I found the marriage of Anders & Brita in this file: Hjelmeland/Hjelmeland, Fister, Årdal: 1760-1799, MinisterialbokIn Nedstrand parish registers, I found the baptisms for Knud, Brita and the first Marta in Nedstrand. But I could not find any of the others.You have found the first Eli. I had thought that perhaps Anders left Hatletveit earlier (after 1767), but he was still there in 1777, so now, I am confused. Why are these baptisms missing??I tried looking in a few other files, Avaldsnes, Finnøy and Rennesøy... no luck.I really appreciate all your help!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.