Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#56599] Hodnefjeld in Rennesø or Mosterø

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

Good morning to you too, here in France it's the afternoon now and I have some time at home before going back to work.I include the link to Anders and Brita's wedding, not easy to read (n° 12): Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1599&idx_id=1599&uid=ny&idx_side=-127>LenkeHere it's written Hatletvet again! They no doubt got married there as she came from that area.When it comes to the 'missing' kids, they may have been baptized in another church too. So it's a bit confusing, indeed. The problem was that there were quite a few churches, but not always a pastor present. At that time it was primordial to have the kids baptized as soon as possible, so sometimes it was in another church than the one to which they belonged.They may have been left out, though.Here are the twins born 1780 at least (bottom left) Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This could be Johanna's confirmation, n° 20: Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15836&idx_id=15836&uid=ny&idx_side=-32>LenkeShe probably worked at Hustoft at that time.There's a Malene Andersdtr 16 1/2 here in 1793 (right page bottom),but she doesn't come from (H)atletveit, though. She could also be working somewhere. She is a bit young: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeThis is a better candidate: Marta Andersdtr at Winge in 1794, 18 1/2 (left page): Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Hello, If Anna Sjovatsdtr Byre, mentioned in #5 and born in the 1740s is someone you want to pursue, a good source is Vol 3 of the Finnøy bygdebok by H. Bjørvik starting page 372. That can take you back six generations from her into old Ryfylke families plus giving good suggestions as to where various of the spouses along the branches of Anna's genealogy originated.There are too many pages to reproduce here but if you would like me to scan pages for you from my copy of the book, you might email me at dschenk at sasktel.net.Sincerely, Marilla Schenk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ellef Ellefsen Hogtwoldstad (Haugvaldstad) baptized November 10, 1720 in Rennesöy: Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15840&idx_id=15840&uid=ny&idx_side=-120>LenkeHe was Guri Tostensdtr's husband. She came from Hodne and was batized on October 5, 1720 in Rennesöy: LenkeLenke I can't find any Tosten in the 1701 census, it might have been written differently.They must have married around 1745-47 as Tosten was 10 years old in 1758. Of course, there might have been other children before him.There doesn't seem to be any scanned churchbooks from that specific period.On FS, Sjovat Henrikson Byre's parents are set as Henrik Reiersen Byre and Kari Sjovatsdtr: Lenke Must be checked, of course, but it can always be a good idea.There's only one Henrik Reiersen in the 1701 census, he is 10 years old and his father is Reier Laader 30 years old at Söre Reienes: LenkeSomeone has posted this on FS about Kari Sjovatsdtr's family:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

From Anders Knutsen Hetletveit/Atlatveit b. 1720, you'll also get back to Blank.1. Anders b. 17202. Knut Olsen Norheim b. 16793. Marta Andersdtr Riskedal 1688-17654. Ola Knutsen Atlatveit5. Sigrid Jonsdtr6. Anders Knutsen Fister + unknown wife8. Knut Olsson Atlatveit9. Anna Olsdtr BlankThere's a lot about these people, maybe you could send me your mail address and then I could copy and send it to you.kellypetit@hotmail.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei KjellaugThis is a lot of information! I appreciate the links to the posts regarding Henrik Blank. Unfortunately, my Norwegian reading skills are not strong enough!About Anders Knutsen Hetletveit/Atlatveit -- I was hoping to find some source that confirmed that 'my' Martha Malene was his daughter. But it looks like I may not get that. If the bygdebok states that Peder Ellevsen's wife was from 'Hatletveit', do you think it's a safe bet she is Ander Knutsen's daughter?About Martha's confirmation -- the bygdebok states that Anders and his family moved to Avaldsnes about 1780. Martha would have been only 6 years old at the time of the move. So, I thought I would find her confirmation there. But so far, nothing. This name is just too common. Unless she is at her father's farm, how will I ever be sure it's the right one? Also, she is in Rennesø at the time of her marriage in 1809. I wonder when she went there. What would be a typical age for a girl to move out of her parents' home?I will keep looking...Again, many thanks to everyone who has posted to me!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Even though we have not found her birth record, we can presume that you've got the right people. Twins in the same family, same names, both couples moving to Avaldsnes, etc. ..There is no other Martha/marta at that time in the bygdebook at Atletveit/Hetletveit. She, no doubt, went back to work there as she had family there and often they were confirmed where they lived - older than now.They moved out from their parents' home at an early age too, it all depends on their social background, of course.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Førre

Bygdebok for Avaldsnes II p. 145 states that Anders Knutsen, born appr. 1720, died 1784 was the son of Knut and Marta at Atletveit in Sjernarøy, No. 13, married 1761 to Brita Johannesdtr., born appr. 1743, daugther of Johannes Olsen at Rossaanaa i Hjelmeland. It also states that all their 9 children were born in Sjernarøy, and that the family moved to the croft (husmannsplass) Grønholmen under the farm Høie around 1780 and stayed there until Anders died 1784. The bygdebok gives no further information about what happened to the widow and the children, exept stating that their son Knut (born 1761) was living at Kyle in Sjernarøy No 34 and that their daugther Brita (born 1764) married Johannes Johannesen Skogen in 1807.The husmann at Porten under Døle before Peder Ellefsen and Marta Malene took over around 1812 was engaged to be married to Marta Eriksdatter Høie when he died in 1810. She was the daughter of Erik Rasmussen Høie, who also was husmann at Grønholmen at the same time as Marta Malene's father. This may be a coincidence, but may also indicate that there were (family?)ties and contact kept up after 1784. Best wishes Magne Førre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Kjellaug & Magne!Now I remember that the farm was leased after Anders died in 1784. So, the children probably went back to Sjernerøy.What do you think of this -- in 1801 at Furre in Stiernerøe, there is a widow Britta Johansdatter (age 66) and a 'Tienestefolk' Marta Andersdatter (age 27). I know Britta's age is not quite right (she should be only about 58), but still, it's an interesting coincidence.About confirmation age -- I have seen people as young as 14 and as old as 21. Is this the general range?The search continues...Thank you all for your help!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That could very well be them in 1801: Lenke Under Brita Johannesdtr there's a young woman Anna Ellingsdtr who's the daughter of Brita's sister. If you could find that 'your' Brita had a sister married to an Elling, you'd be sure that it was her at least.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I looked for the birth of Anna Ellingsdatter in the scanned parish books. I had hoped it would name her mother. But so far, I haven't found her. I did find the birth of her daughter, Kisti Amundsdatter, here:LenkeKisti’s father was Ammund Olsen Bragehougen (married man). I don’t recognize this farm name, and could not find it in O. Rygh, or in the 1801 Census.On FS, I found this family:Johannes Olsen & Brita Nilson, married 1736 Hjelmeland.Children: Johannes b. 1736, Johannes b. 1738, Malene b. 1740, Rannvig b. 1742, Brita b. 1744The FS records do not cite a source, and I don’t see scanned registers for Hjelmeland for this time period. So, I’m not sure where to go next. But I thought this family seemed like a good possibility for Brita Johannesdatter, wife of Anders Knutsen.Perhaps if there is someone who has the bygdebok for Hjelmeland, they can tell me if this family was from Rosså.Anyway, that’s what I’ve found so far...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Bygdebok for Hjelmeland vol 1 farm Rosså, Johannes Olson b ca 1699 at Ytre Skår , d 1768 married the widow Brita Nilsdatter , theier youngset child Brita , Atlatveit, Stjernarøy married Anders Knutsen .Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei ToveThanks for confirming that I had the right family. I was looking at the farm Furre in the 1801 Census. There was a Britta Johansdatter and also Anna Ellingdatter (b. ca 1779). Anna was the daughter of Britta's sister. Does the bygdebok state whether one of Britta's sisters was married to a man named Elling? On the LDS site, there was a record of two sisters, Malene and Rannvig.Thank you again for the help!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If Brita was a widow when she married Johannes, then Anna Ellingsdtr could very well be her half-sister's daughter.So without knowing the name of her first husband, it'll be rather difficult. I wonder if they say anything about whom he was in the bygdebook.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I had to think about that one for a few minutes! OK, I get it... Anna's mother might have been the daughter of Brita Nielsdatter and her first husband, in which case, she would have been Brita Johanesdtr's half sister!I wonder if Tove might show all the information that is in the bygdebok about Johannes Olsen's family. Does it state to whom Brita Nielsdatter was married before? If Johannes was from Ytre Skår, maybe Brita or her first husband was from Rosså?This one sounds like it will be hard to solve... But I think I'm making progress!A quick check on FS yielded this: Brita Nilsdotter (b 1697) married Ola Larsson ca 1718 at Rosså, Hjelmeland. This is promising. Will have to look further when I get back on Sunday...mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry, I should have said her mother Brita Nilsdtr! Sometimes you have it all clear in your mind, but others might not follow your ideas-;)But you got it exactly right. Brita Johannesdtr might have a half-sister or more..I found one on Time, Rogaland, but I feel it's too far away! LenkeHave a nice weekend-:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Bygdebok for Hjelmeland , farm Rosså, does not tell where Brita Nilsdatter was born, only indicates her birth year to be ca. 1697 , she dies 1760. Her first husbond Ola Larson b ca 1680 at Rosså, he dies around 1728. their children ;a) Lars b ca 1719 ,lived at Hauge, Stjernarøy and vestre Bjerga,Stjernarøy , b) Nils b ca 1722 c) Peder b ca 1725,d ) Ola b 1728 .Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Does it say whether there were other daughters than Brita in her second marriage? This Anna Ellingsdtr above (# 35 and 36) is the daughter of that Brita's sister, but is this the right Brita?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Sisters of Brita ;a; Malene Johannesdatter ( no age ) married 1768 to widower Jon Jonson ,b; Rannveig b ca 1742 , died 1762 , no sisters in mothers first marriage .Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That means that the Brita Johannesdtr in the census (# 35) can't be right, since this woman/sister must necessarily have been married to an Elling. Anyway, I had some doubts as she was really much older than the Brita that Patti is looking for.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Just noticed that in entry #28 I omitted a letter typing the name of the author of the Finnøy local history books - it should be Halvard Bjørkvik. I have a high respect for these particular books and want them to be attributed to the author (correctly spelled!) in citing them, neither would I wish to frustrate anyone trying to borrow or order them based on my earlier spelling. Sorry I didn't notice the mistake earlier!Volume 3 deals with farms from Fogn, (south) Talgje and Fisterøyane. Sincerely, Marilla Schenk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks to all of you for your help! I am slowly digesting all of this information. I have two questions about post (13) above:Is there more information in the Rennesøy bygdebok about Eilev Eilevsson Nordbø (dp. 21.11.1751)? I found his birth on FS site, but all it shows is a father named 'Ellev'.I am updating my source information. I found these three books for Rennesøy. Does anyone know which of these was the source for the page about Austbø?Lindanger, Birger & Jørg Eirik Waula. Rennesøy: Gard og ætt. Rennesøy kommune, 1993., v.1-3Sunnanå, Vilhelm og Håvard Vetrhus. Rennesøy: gards- og ættesoge. Rennesøy: Rennesøy kommune, 1974.Rennesøy prestegjeld: Rennesøy, Mosterøy, Kvitsøy, 1837-1937. Stavanger: Dreyers Forlag, 1938.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.