Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#56844] Need help translating a Norwegian word.

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
 Del

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

I thought the Wikipedia article didn't give justice to the dish neither in text nor visually(!), so try this one instead :-)LenkeOne third of norwegians eat pinnekjøtt at Christmas, and it is gaining in popularity. The recipe is generally the same for pinnekjøtt as for 'smalahove' - sheep's head. I enclose a 'tempting' picture of smalahove - it is actually very tasty! :-)Kristinn

bilete4288.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgrim Sørnes

During my student years in Bergen I had the opportunity to taste both 'pinnekjøtt' and 'smalahove'; in my opinion the latter has the most interesting taste. Besides, eating it just before our anatomy exam proved beneficial academically as well. If you plan on serving something like this in the US, I advise you to accompany it with liberal amounts of alcohol,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harry Aronsen

Pinnekjøtt is very different from smalahove both in appearance and taste, even if they come from the same animal.So do no let the photograph scare you from trying pinnekjøtt!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.