Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#56845] Obituary lookup Ben Sletteland, Antioch, Lake, Illinois

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn
 Del

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

Ananias Bernhard Bendikson Sletteland was born in 1878 in Dale, Sunnfjord. He emigrated to the U.S.A. in 1901, together with his younger brother, Anton.He later went as Ben Sletteland, and was living in Antioch, Illinois. At Ancestry, he is mentioned in a WWI registration draft and the 1920 census. In the Illinois Death Index, I found no Sletteland. However, I found a Ben Slutherland who died in Antioch on November 8th 1929.I am wondering if someone (e.g. Roger) can help to find out if there was an obituary, and if so I would be very happy if it could be e-mailed to me at torbjori(alpha)yahoo.noSincerely, Torbjørn Igelkjøn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

Did my email arrive? (Sometimes blocked) He has at least 2 brothers here, have you found them? If not, what are the full birth dates? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

Thank you so much for looking up this obituary. I received the email where you told that the obit was found, and would be emailed to you. I have not received the obit, could you try to send it again?If we have found the correct person, there were 8 brothers and one sister. They were cousins of my great grandmother. All emigrated to the U.S.A., except one who lived in Bergen, Norway, one died young in Dale, and one sister, who married and lived in Dale. In 1929, there would be three siblings still living; Bendik and Carl, Wisconsin, and Amanda (Hofland), Dale. If you search the Internet, you will find the obits of Bendik and Carl. A descendant of their brother in Bergen, Mads, wrote a book about the family, but did not find out what happened to Ben and Anton after they entered the U.S.A. The rest of the family is known and is covered in detail in the book. It seems like Anton died in San Francisco on May 13th 1923, but I have not managed to get an obit on him yet.Torbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

I received your email this time. It is definitly the right person we have found. Again, thank you for finding this obit.Torbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.