Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#57902] Thordis A. Honto Tvedistrand Arendal

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi, I am trying to find an old friend in the parish registers. All I have to go on is that she was born Jan 31 1907 in Tvedistrand Arndal/Arendal I can't locate her so far, hopefully someone is more familiar with this than me. Tusen takk!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddbjørn Johannessen

Perhaps the name Honto refers to the farm Hanto/Hantho in Holt parish (close to Tvedestrand)? Do you know if that was her family name as a girl - or her husbands name?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have not been able to find Thordis A. Honto/Hanto in the Holt or Tvedestrand parish registers. Are you sure that the birth date (Jan 31 1907 is correct)?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm sorry - I forgot this: I know that several Hanto's from Holt/Tvedestrand emigrated to the U.S. about 1900. Maybe Thordis was born in America after her parent's emigration?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Oddbjorn, You have solved the mystery!!!! I had checked the 1930 census record again, and what I thought said Norway for pace of birth actually says New York. Thanks again for your thoughts and help here. I had checked many of the records too, the best I could find was an Anne Thordis in Dypvaag, which i think is close by born Mar 31 1907. Tusen takk again!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.