Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#58095] translation Finnøy marriage record requested

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Hello, could someone please help translate the extra words in the marriage entry for Aleth Halvorsdt and Ole Biornson at the bottom of page: : Rogaland county, Finnøy, Parish register (official) nr. A 5 (1773-1816), Marriage records 1795, page 269. Permanent pagelink: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8813&idx_id=8813&uid=ny&idx_side=-249>LenkePermanent imagelink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Sandbu

In Norwegian words:troelovet Ungkarl Ole Biørnsøn Bierge og Pige Aleth Halvorsdatt. Warland - Caut. Jens Warland og Jon Eraas, hvilke indestoed for, at der var intet som hindrede Bryllupet hvormed der maatte hastes formedelst at Ole Biørnsøn var comanderet, som han havde tænkt at vorde befriet for, og derfor havde opsatt Fæste og Brudevielsen..... The witnesses Jens Warland and Jon Eraas answered for that nothing impeded the wedding which had to be done within short time because Ole Biørnsøn was commanded (called out to the army) which he thought he could be exempted from, and therefore had asked for engagement and wedding.(Perhaps someone else can translate this in a better way.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you again, Aud! (I was afraid after I asked the question that maybe there would be something very bad about Ole but whew! that is a relief, it doesn't sound too bad.) What a good friend you have been to answer my questions! I hope you have a lovely springtime. Thank you very much! Marilla S.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor L. Larsen

The meaning probably is a bit different:'...he had thought he would get exempted from, and therefore had waited with [or delayed, 'opsatt'] engagement and the wedding.' This would mean that he at first had delayed or waited with the procedures, but then was not exempted as he had thought, and therefore they now had to rush things before he went into the military service.Below freezing, with fine sun and all covered in white here up north.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you for the additional explanation, Tor. We do appreciate it!One sometimes forgets how much farther north you are - especially at Tromsø. We have snow on the north slopes and where there have been snowbanks, but there is a lot of bare earth now in the Saskatoon area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.