Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#58207] Need help to find correct Birgith Gulliksdatter from Rollag to Kongsberg.

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Using the IGI, I found a marriage record for Birgith Gullichsdtr., age 40 to Tollef Arnesen, age 63 in Kongsberg on 22 Oct. 1831. Using the digitized records of Kongsberg Church, I found the birth of TOLLEF, child of Tollef Arnesen and Berthe Gullicksdatter Ruud, born in either Sept. or Oct. of 1832.Tollef and his mother Berthe Gullikd. are on the 1865 census listed in Sandsvaer. Berthe is listed as born in Rollag and being 74 years old.We have found two prospects as parents of Berthe Gulliksdtr. One was a Bertha living in Veraldrud (in the Nore-Uvdal bygdebok on page 36). Her parents were Gullick Andersson and Ambjorg Gregarsdatter. However, this Bergit married Torstein Gunnulsson in 1821 and in 1827 had a son. This Bygdebok was Del II.The other Berthe or Bergit I found in Rollag Bygdebok Vol I under the farm Kvisle. She was born to Gullik Iversen Toeiet and Kari Persdtr. Blakstad. This daughter, Bergit, emigrated to Eiker in 1822. I then checked Kongsberg records and it appears that a Birgith Gulliksdtr. came into the Kongsberg Church in 1831 (36 yrs.) from Eker(??). This last word was hard to decipher for me and I could be wrong.We would appreciate any help in finding the correct Bergith Gulliksdatter who was the mother of Tollef Tollefsen, born 1832 in Kongsberg. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Hi,marriage number 13 here Buskerud fylke, Kongsberg, Ministerialbok nr. 8 (1816-1839), Ekteviede 1831, page 430-431. Permanent link: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1097&idx_id=1097&uid=ny&idx_side=-242>Lenke is the marriage between Tollef and Berthe. The witnesses names seem to be Torsten H. and Anund from a farm starting with B? This doesn't help us much.I found your first Bergit/Birgit/berthe 6 years old in the 1801 cencus for Rollag Lenke with her parents Gullik and Ambjorg at the farm Wæraldruud.Your scond Birthe etc. is only 4 years old in 1801 Lenke at Lower Wamre.In addition, I found a 12 year old Birgit Gulliksdatter at the farm Bogstrand living with parents Gullik Olsen and Margit Knutsdatter. I guess she might also be a candidate.Tollef Tollefsen was born oct 7th and baptized Nov 3rd 1832 here (no33)Lenke . The witnesses are very hard to read: Ingeborg ??, Bertha halvorsdatter ??, Anund ?..., Ole torstenson ?Still, I can't find any cluesAs you say, there might be a clue in the list of 'immigrants' to th parish. maybe someone could help deciphering the entry, no 7 left page

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla Tweeton

In reference to the second Birgit (above), I found the family again at Vamre in Rollag Bygdebok Volume V. There I see that her brother, Gunder and his wife, Ambjor Olsdotter Landerud left for America in 1846. I am going to try and do some research here in America using Gerhard Naeseth's records of the first emigrants from Norway. I have a copy of 'UTVANDRINGEN TIL AMERIKA FRA VEGGLI SOKN'. For the year 1846 it lists Gunder Gulliksen Lieneiet/Vamreeie and their 2 children as leaving for America. His sister is the Bergit that leaves for Eiker. There is a statement in the bydegbok directly under this family in Vamre that goes like this:I Legdsprotokollen for 1811 er nemnt BIRGIT Ovre Wambreeiet. Men det er fleire Birgitar påden tida, så det er uråd å veta kven ho er.I am wondering if this could mean that in the parish register (of needy) there are 4 Birgits and they don't know which one??? I am guessing...please forgive if I am wrong.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

About 'immigrant to the parish (2): I read it as follows: 'Bergith Gulliksdatter' (next word seems to start with a G and then possibly ru?. It beats me), she was 36 years old, Occupation: 'Tjenestepige' (i.e. house servant of some kind), and she came to this parish from 'Eger', (an old form of to day's Eiker).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla Tweeton

For now, I'm leaning toward the 2nd Bergit as being the mother of Tollef Tollefsen. As they moved often, they probably were very poor. If I remember correctly, the 1865 census says that Berthe Gullicksdtr. was on Sandsvaer's fund for relief of the poor. It states born in Rollag there. Thank you both for the help and I still need some more comments!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Could it be that the farm name in the record that Hans helped reading is in fact Kvisle? That would tie this record to the second Bergit from Rollag that you found, although she lived at Vamre in 1801.K

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Kristinn,It looks like Kvisle, doesn't it? As I look at the early writing in a Scandinavian Extract book, I see that a G and a Q are written almost exactly alike. Kvisle was also written with a Q so it looks like Gulliksdatter Kvisle.I also found Tollev Tollevsen's confirmation in the Hedenstad Kirke records on the 17th of Oct. 1847; parents were Tollev Arnesen Stor Rud Eiet and Berte Gulliksdatter Grosvald or Grosvold. So that would account for the other names that were mentioned by the person I am helping. The names mentioned in old correspondence were Vaerp, Grosvold and Ruud. All these farms are around Hedenstad Kirke and Kongsberg. Thank you again, I really think we're on the right track.Are you able to translate the one line under the third entry? Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Do you mean this one? 'I Legdsprotokollen for 1811 er nemnt BIRGIT Ovre Wambreeiet. Men det er fleire Birgitar påden tida, så det er uråd å veta kven ho er'In the 'Legdsprotokoll' for 1811 Birgit Øvre Wambreeiet is mentioned. But there are several Birgits at the time, so it is impossible to know who she is.Wambreeiet must be a small farm (husmanns plass) under the farm Wambre. The Legdsprotocol is ten years after the census 1801 where there was a Birgit on a farm under Øvre Wambre, so the note from the bygdebok is kind of odd. It should be the same Birgit? Or may there have been more than one under Wambre??K

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

I don't know if this helps any further, but I found a Knud Gullichsen born from parents Gullich Iversen and Karen Pedersen in Rollag on the 6th of june 1819 , here is the entry from Rollag Ministerialbok (no 35)LenkeI think it says Qvizle-eiet as their farm name. If these parents are the same couple that lives at Øvre Vamre in 1801, it may be an important link?Kristinn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

From Rollag Vol V under Vamreeiet it states Gullek Iversson og Kari Pedersdotter budde in ein Vamreplass ein 10 års tid frå omlag 1802. Før detbudde dei i Kvisle og fekk dei to eldste ungane der. Gullek er son åt kunstnaren Iver Gundersson øystrud.gullek og Kari sine born:1. Anne 1794 født i Kvisle. 2. Birgit 1796 f. i Kvisle, flutt til Eiker i 1822 3. Peder 1802 gm, Everise Kristine Hansd. Flor, Eie i Nore. 4. Gunder 1805 gm. Ambjørg Olsdotter Landerud f. 1816. USA 1846. 5. Nils 1808-1890gm. Ann Sjulsdotter Fekjaneiet, d. i Møbrekka. 6. Johannes 1812f. 6 Sept. gm. Jårån Tovsdotter Helle, Veggli, b. ma. i Skagseiet, Noreand then the newest addition: Knud Gullichsen f. 6 June, 1819 Veggli Kvisle eietCarla Thanks Kristinn. I can understand all but the statement that starts før detbudde.....help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

:-)'Gullek and Kari P. lived at 'some Vamre farm' for about 10 years from 1802. Before that, they lived at Kvisle and had their two eldest children there. Gullek is the son of the artist Iver Gundersson Øystrud.Gulek and kari's children: etc etc'Just ask again if I may be of any help! Kristinn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.