Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#58336] Ringsaker (Nes, Hedmark) Velang/Lunna

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Are the couple Halvor Pedersen and Lisbeth Tollefsdtr living on Welang/Velang in the early 1760's the same couple as Halvor Pedersen and Lisbeth Tollefsdtr living on Lunna in the 1770s? On the internet I see the Nes bygdeboks by Gunhild Kolstad are listed and the index register says Velang starts on side 315 and Lunna starts on side 794 both in Book 2 Del 3. I wondered if that book would tell about this. There seem to be some puzzling things about this couple but my theory is that it comes from a mixup with Lisbeth's sister who has a similar name. Thank you beforehand to anyone who can shed light on this!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Neither of the referred farms in your question existed in the 1700s. Their history starts in the mid 20th century. I have check the Bydebok.I found your potential correct farms in the 1801 census and they both existed in Ringsager. The Nes Bygdebok does not cover Ringsager. Those were the only farms in 1801 with those names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you for your interest. What you report here makes things even more complicated! Here is the register that I used for the bygdebok suggested pages: (and what a great resource for the Hedmark researchers to have put on the net!) [url="http://www.hedmarkslekt.no/Bokindex/nes_index.htm>http://www.hedmarkslekt.no/Bokindex/nes_index.htm.When Lisbeth Tollefsdtr got married in 1760 it lists her place name as Welang:Source information: Hedmark county, Ringsaker, Parish register (official) nr. 2 (1747-1774), Engagement records 1760, page 315-316. At the very bottom of the page: Permanent pagelink: Lenke Halvor and Lisbet had children in 1762 and 1764 both listing Welang as the residence in the baptisms. In the 1770s an example of the placename Lunna used in the records occurs in the baptisms of some children of what I hope may be the same couple Halvor Pedersen and Lisbet Tollefsdtr: for example the case of the child Pernille's baptism: Hedmark county, Ringsaker, Parish register (official) nr. 2 (1747-1774), Birth and baptism records 1774, page 360-361. It is the second entry from the top on page 361: Permanent pagelink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else Kari U.Vilhelmsen

You will not find Velang and Lunna in Nes parish,they are in Ringsaker parish.Those places mentioned i Nes bygdebok are just two hoses called Velang and Lunna. You will find Velang and Lunna north in Ringsaker in the area called Ring.There is no 'bygdebok' for this area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you, that confirms what Arthur also reported. I guess the best route for me to take now will be to look for Hedmark skifteregister of the Ringsaker farms. I see that they have farms A-H online (isn't that wonderful!) already so if I am patient the rest will eventually be online too and I can look them up there myself. Thank you both.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again! The farm Velang is mentioned in the new Brøttum bok,and your family is mentioned. But it seems like they have mixed the two sisters Elsebeth and Lisbeth Tollefsdtr together. They were both daughters of Tollef Jonsen Vellang and Anne Johansdtr Havig married in 1738. About the sisters the book says :Lisbeth born in 1739 married to Vern Olsen KjosElsebeth born in 1742 1.marriage: Mons Jonsen Sylliaashagen Children: Kari 1757,Marthe 1757 2.marriage: Halvor Pedersen Presterud from Fåvang Children: Peder 1762,Elsebeth 1764 3.marriage : Vern Olsen Kjos Children : Ole 1766,Tollef 1768The girl who marries Vern Olsen Kjos i 1766 is called Elsebeth,and Halvor Pedersen Velang is one of the cautionists.The girl who marries Mons Jonsen in 1757 is called LisbethAnd the girl who marries Halvor Pedersen in 1760 is called Lisbeth and she is a widow.I hope you didn`t get confused by this. But it seems like the oldest sister Lisbeth married twice 1.to Mons Jonsen and 2. to Halvor Pedersen The youngest sister only married once to Vern Olsen Kjos. Do not belive all you find in 'bygdebøker' they are full of mistakes.I guess Halvor og Lisbeth had more children than this book says ? Since you have a Pernille in 1770.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I forget to say that my information about the marriages is from the Churchbook,so they should be right.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you very much for the information from the Brøttum book! It is confusing but I am sure you are right about the 2 sisters ( it seems that the Mormon Family Search site also has a mixup because they have the girl born in 1739 married to Vern Olson but the entries that so indicate are by private submissions and not the church records themselves). What I had been doing was working backwards in time from the children born to Halvor Pederson and Lisbeth Tollefsdtr on Lunna. I couldn't find a marriage that matched the parents' names except the one that you list: Lisbeth Tollefsd Welang to Halvor Pedersen Presterud from Fåvang in 1760 so I was hoping that a bygdebok might confirm that it was this same couple that moved to Lunna (and possibly on Houger in between times). Since there is no bygdebøk for Lunna in Ringsaker then I will try the skifter when they are put online because Halvor and Lisbeth died before their children are all adults I think. Thank you again!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.