Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59015] Anund Knudsen Brokke

Gjest Paul Simmonds
 Del

Gjest Paul Simmonds

I wish to find information about Arnund Knudsen Brokke who was restoring and maybe making musical instruments in Telemark county in 1877

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vigdis Skaar Nygaard

You want to find personal information about his birth, parents and so on? If so they can be found in censuses and scanned church records here at Digitalarkivet. They will be found under each parish and *kommune/herad*Are you sure it is *Arnund*, I don't find any with the name in census-1865. Could it be Amund?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vigdis Skaar Nygaard

The names Amund and Aanund can be used for the same person in different documents, they can also be spelt without the final d. I think my link in Moland, Telemark is a good lead. I searched for the farm *Brokke* and found this person. Have no other information about him. Hopefully some with local knowledge or books from the district will be able to answer you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Egil J. Tveit

Aanund Knutson Brokke (1850-1933) was borne at the Broke farm and died at Liarheim farm, both in Fyresdal. His father was Knut Olavson Brokke (1809-1885), his mother was Hege Gjermundsdtr. Veum (1810-1890). In 1897 Aanund married Anne Talleivsdtr. Vadliplassen (1867-1898), and in 1911 Sigrid Talleivsdtr. Bergland (1876-1931). As long as I know he had no children. In Fyresdal Gards- og ættesoge p. 850, he is called farmer and watchmaker.Egil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul Simmonds

Subject 59015 Just to say thank you to all of you who have answered my query. You have found my man! Interesting that he is also listed as a watchmaker, but not as a music instrument maker or indeed as a woodworker, but perhaps this was normal for the time and place. If anyone has a particular interest, I can supply a photo of the clavichord soundboard he repaired in 1877 with his details and date. It would be interesting to understand the customs of the time: the musical instrument in question would have been expensive when made, although a hundred years on maybe not much. I wonder who may have owned it (clergyman? teacher?); in all probability not Aanund himself.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.