Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59457] Tvedt 1912 Census for Bergen/Laksevåg

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Could someone look in the 1912 Census for this family?Albert Johannessen Tvedt (f. 1886 Laksevåg) Thora Marie Tvedt (f. Andersen 1887 Bergen) daughter- Thora Magrethe Tvedt (f. 1907 Laksevåg)I am trying to confirm births of their other children. My records show they were born in Bergen, but I can't them in the parish registers. Part of my problem is that I don't know where to look. I found Thora Magrethe's birth record in Laksevåg. I don't know when the family moved to Bergen, and in what area they lived (in Bergen).They had these other children:Adolf Sverre, f 1 Jun 1912Lillian/Liv Marie, f 4 Feb 1917Albert, f 1 may 1920Bjørk, f 19 Mar 1923I would appreciate any help...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Frode Johansen

Rett instans er vel Arkivforum-Statsarkivet i Bergen.Yngve Nedrenø, kan du sjekke dette?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't read Norwegian very well. I believe you are telling me that I should have posted this on the Arkiv forum instead of Brukarforum.I will copy it there. Sorry for the confusion.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Jan!This is exactly what I needed. I looked in Domkirken, but I guess I didn't go far enough. Now, I know where to look for the other children.This is a big help!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roald Sjursen

Here is the christening of Thora Margrethe at Laksevåg in 1908. She was born october 21st 1907 and christened january 26th 1908.Thora is no 2 of the girls (bottom part) of the page Lenkeregards Roald

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Roald.Here's a question. I've looked through the Domkirken file, where Jan found Adolf Sverre's baptism. I can't find any of the other children.They lived at Kaigaden 11 in 1913. What other church files might I look in?Also, I noticed that Thora's brother, Andreas Johan Andersen, was present at Adolf's baptism. The record shows that he lived at Birkebeinergaden 6. In which church would I be most likely to find the baptism of his children?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Hei Patti, I found Lillian in Aarstad 1912-1921 page 111, and Albert on page 220, Bjørk you will find in Årstad 1920-24 Fødselsregister page 145, or in Aarstad 1921-24 page 105. Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

RuneThank you for this! How did you know to look in Aarstad? I was trying to make out their address. It looked like Aarstav. B.11Regarding the four children of my great uncle Andreas Johan Andersen -- I found the baptism for the first two (f 1803 & 1905) in Domkirken. At that time, he was living at Haakonsgaden 11. I can't find the other two in that file: Trygve (f 7 Nov 1908) and Vally (f 14 Nov 1911).In 1913, at the time of his nephew's baptism, his address is listed as Birkebeinergade 6. Do you know which church district this address is in?Again, many thanks to Rune, Jan & Roald for your help.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Hei Patti, you find Trygve and Vally in Mariakirken. Birkebeinergade, is in Sandvigskirken or Mariekirken. I find Albert Tvedt in Adressbook for Bergen 1924-25 and he lives in Aarstad Barak 11b. Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rune! What a great help you have been! Is there some chart or database that would tell me how streets are organized within a city like Bergen? I appreciate all your help. I was just wondering if there was anyway I could look these things up myself?mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Siw Sværholdt

PatriciaNot exactly sure what you mean by how streets are organized, but here's a link to all streets in 1900, with the corresponding parishes. LenkeMakes it easier to know which churchbook to begin a search in.Siw

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, SiwYes! That will be a big help! The other thing that would be useful is a street map so that I could see the borders between the parishes. I gather from some previous responses I got, that some streets could be in two parishes.One last question... is there something similar for Oslo? My great-uncle moved his family from Bergen to Oslo around 1920.Thanks again Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roar Tvetmarken

Hi Patricia, A similar website exists for Oslo, 'Verktøy for Slektsgranskere - Byarkivet Oslo kommune.' Lenke Regards, Roar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Siw Sværholdt

PatriciaThe link in (13) should explain it all. If you e.g. take a look at 'Christiesgade', you'll see that some of the streetnumbers are within DK (Domkirken) and some are within JK (Johanneskirken). Arnfrid Mæland might have the kind of map you're looking for though. Perhaps you should ask her....or maybe she's reading this:-)I don't know where to find such a map, sorry.Mvh Siw

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.