Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59924] Could someone translate

Gjest Kathy Anderson
 Del

Gjest Kathy Anderson

I was wondering if someone could translate the public absolvent of Ann Larsdtr.It mentions the word 'lapp'. Is that a farm or place or is it referring to a 'Lapp person?' I am looking for persons of Lapp or Sami descent so that is why I am asking. It is on the second page .Permanent pagelink: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16482&idx_id=16482&uid=ny&idx_side=-120>Lenke Permanent imagelink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Are S. Gustavsen

Dear Kathy,The text reads: Publice absolveret Anne Olsd(otte)r, en frem(m)et q(uin)de for 2d(en) gangs Legermaal, skeed paa Hæstöen, Hendis Barnefader udlagdes at Være en Lappe, som kom og reiste same nat/W. TordWhich may translate into: [Absolution in public:] Anne Olsdotter (i.e. the daughter of Ola), an unknown woman, for her second sexual offence, which took place at «Hæstöen» [i. e. Horse Island], the father of her child was told to be a «Lappe» (i.e. Lapp), who came and went away the [very] same night.«W. Tord» seems to be «Wilh. Tord», probably the minister.By looking more closely at the frame I discovered that you have linked this page from «Nærøy i Nærøy 1730-1785».Unfortuneately you have forgotten to tell us exactly which year (in the church book) this text is from. Is this something you've made a note of, so we can share the information?It will make things a little bit easier if you're able to supply us with key information, like the name of the source and the actual year for the event your query centers about. :-)Sincerely,Are

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Anderson

This is in the year 1756 and up the page alittle it says September 14. I did not keep track but I have noticed the word 'Lapp' or 'Lap' a few times between 1756 and 1770 where I have been searching. When I finish my search I am doing now I am going back to look for the other times. Actually one of my ancestors married a Sami person and I am trying to verify which one. That is why I am interested in knowing what is being said.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Are: If you had 'clicked' on 'øverst' in the permanent pg.link you would had seen which pg. it was found, like this: Nord-Trøndelag fylke, Nærøy i Nærøy, Ministerialbok nr. 784A01 (1730-1785), Kronologisk liste 1756, uten sidenr.Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Are S. Gustavsen

Mariann: This I've gathered, but thanks anyway. :-)The main point is, however, that the person who asks for assistance, whoever that may be, by provding key information about the source at hand, unasked, thereby will be offering the readers a more complete understanding of the matter at hand.A simple rule of making things easier, nothing less. :-)Are

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.