Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59962] A change in searching census records?

Gjest Margaret Miller
 Del

Gjest Margaret Miller

When I am using the census records, I used to ask, for example, for ALL farms, or ALL etternavner. This was very helpful. All of a sudden I can not do this. I have to put in what I want to look for, such as the first few letters for a farm or name I wish to find. There are so many odd spellings for names, it is good to chose from all, and for farms, how nice to get a list of all the farms in an area. What happened here, and is it possible to get this function back?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

I agree with you. The 'Show all' was very helpful e.g. when searching for different spellings of farmnames in specific databases.In the modified search method you can however use 'Contains (show)' and the asterisk sign (*) to get a complete list. I do not think this works for global search though.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

Why was this function taken away, and will it be returned? It was incredibly helpful to me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

OK, Contains (show) seems to be the same as Show all. Sorry to bother you, and you don't need to write back. Thanks for all you guys do!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.