Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#60466] Difficulty reading an entry

Gjest Ingrid Seim
 Del

Gjest Ingrid Seim

I hope it is not considered rude to ask for help in reading an entry. I've not had much trouble entries until this one, for 25 January 1774: Lenke Here is what I can understand: 'Baptised _illegitimate_..._ child born ... 24th .... Gijri Andersdat Tenald .... Arne Olsen .... Iver... Hønsi ... Ragnild Andersdat Scierven .... Torlacsdt Seim and ... Giertrud Endersdtr Seim'I'd be grateful if someone would be kind enough to help me understand it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

Anna (the child's name): Døbt uægte pigebarn den 24 juni af quindemennesket (disparaging term for a woman) Gyri Andersdtr Tenald (the girl was illegitimate and the mother was Gyri as you've understood) Then you have all the witnesses (I can't read them all)and in the margin I think I can read that the father was supposed to be Anfind Tollaksen Seim.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

I read:25de [Januarii 1774] Døbt et Uægte Pige Barn fød d 24de ejusd. af Qvinde Mennesket Gyri Anders Dat. Tenold da Faddere som [... ?] Mand Arne Olsen [stadem?] Dreng Iver Kieldsen Hønse Kone Ragnild Anders Dat Skierven Pigen Anna Torlacs Dat Seim og Pige Giertrud Endres D SeimThat is: On January 25th 1774, baptized an illegitimate girl child, born on the 24 of the same, by the woman Gyri Andersdotter Tenold, when godfathers/mothers were married man Arne Olsson ..., unmarried man Ivar Kjellsson Hønse, married woman Ragnhild Andersdotter Skjerven, unmarried woman Anne Torlaksdotter Seim and unmarried woman Gjertrud Endresdotter Seim.There is no mention of a father.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Kjellaug is right -- I overlooked the remark in the margin. The father is said to be Anfind Tollacsen Seim.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tenald is Tennold in the 1801 census and Tenål today, about 3 km from Vik.'Dreng' (for Ivar Kielsen Hønse) doesn't necessarily mean that he was a bachelor, but that he worked as a farmhand.In front of Arne Olsen, I think it's 'kaarmand' (retired farmer) could the farm be Wadem?It's the child's name that we find in the left margin.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

No, I think I'm wrong! It's not the child's name since above he doesn't put it in the margin! Torodd ,is right: one of the witnesses is the 'maiden'(pige=girl) Anna Tollacsdaughter.Actually, I can't see the child's name anywhere!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

They must have married later since I find them in the 1801 census for Vik (Seim farm): Lenke Anfind Tollacsen 53 years old, Gøri Andersdtr - his wife (Gyri/Guro/Gure/Gøri are all the same name)51 years old They have 7 children, but none of whom corresponds to the daughter born in 1774. She may be married somewhere

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

In front of Arne Olsen: I think it is 'da Fadderne som Vare', i.e. 'when the witnesses, who were ...', which doesnt't quite make sense. But if you look at the other christenings, there is always such a 'Vare' in front of the list of witnesses.Kjellaug is right that 'Dreng' can mean 'farmhand', but it seems that this vicar prefers to state the marriage status of the witnesses, with 'Pige', 'Kone', 'Mand', and 'Dreng'.The name of the child is missing, as far as I'm able to tell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Maybe it's this woman, the age is almost right: LenkeShe is the only one in Vik with an appropriate age.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well done to you too, Torodd-:)Anfind and Gyri got engaged in 1774: Kildeinformasjon: Sogn og Fjordane fylke, Vik, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1772-1783), Kronologisk liste 1774, side 46-47. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=11755&idx_id=11755&uid=ny&idx_side=-23>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke In the middle of the left page.And here they got married on June 29, 1774 (almost on the bottom of the right page) Kildeinformasjon: Sogn og Fjordane fylke, Vik, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1772-1783), Kronologisk liste 1774, side 50-51. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ingrid Seim

Wonderful work! Thank you so much. You are very impressive people! This brings up another question, but I will have to post tomorrow.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.