Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#60827] Emigranter fra Trondheim 1867-1930

Gjest Steve Elliott
 Del

Gjest Steve Elliott

1. I would like clarification of the meaning of two fields in this database: 'Reg. date' and 'Date'. I have assumed they refer to the emigrant's registration date with the shipping agent or police in Trondheim and the date of departure from Trondheim, respectively. Is that correct, or do they refer to some other point in the voyage?2. What does the abbreviation 'Bill. bet.' stand for?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

1. Like you I assume that the first date is the date for registration at the police, and the second is the indicated date of departure from Trondheim. Most Norwegian emigrant lists contain just one date, the date of registration at the police.2. The abbreviation 'Bill. bet.' stands for Pre-paid ticket.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest steven samuelson

how do i get an actual passenger list or police record of my ancestors found it on this emigranter fra trondheim 1867-1930 but its just computer text. can u help me please? im a novice at this,(geneology) but i love it cant stop trying to get stuff to add in my computer!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Elliott

Yngve, Thank you for the information. My great-grandfather always said he emigrated in 1872, but digitalarkivet (which I always trust more than any other source besides original documents) says 1873. Whom should I contact to confirm that the correct date is 1873? I know the handwritten archives can be hard to read.Steve in Pennsylvania

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.