Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61353] Farm Name

Gjest Richard Olsen
 Del

Gjest Richard Olsen

Fredrikstad - 1801 censusa farm is listed as 108 and 109. Does anyone know the name of this farm or how I could obtain the name?An occupation is listed as hoker handle. Anyone know the meaning of this occupation?Thank You.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen
LenkeGuess it is located in the town of Fredrikstad. Høker means a person selling foods and things. Handle means the same, or means 'buying and selling' or something like that.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Høker = (tallow-) chandler, provision-dealer.Lenke Fredrikstad is a town, and it looks like Anders Asmundsen lived in the 13.quadrat in house no. 108 and 109.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Did a google search but can't find any useful info.Re: 13.quadrat in house no. 108 and 109.Do I have the proper understanding that during that time period Fredrikstad was divided into quadrats=plots and each plot contained a few or several houses?Does anyone know if there is information available on the Fredrikstad quadrats?I am attempting to understand the geographic setting of Fredrikstad during the early times.Thank You.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Olsen

Again, Thank You very much Erling and Berit. The info/images are fascinating to me. I will study them carefully. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.