Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61360] USA: From Voss to New York in 1849 - Seeking Information about Lars Brynildsen

Gjest Atle Røthe
 Del

Gjest Atle Røthe

Lars Brynjulfson was born at the Liland farm at Voss in Norway in December 1788. He became a widower in January 1829. He left the port of Bergen in Norway May 12th 1849 on the Brig. 'Bjørgvin' and probably arrived in New York about July 6th 1849.According to the ship records he travelled with his son, grand daughter and grandson:Lars Brynildsen 60 years, Brynild Larsen 23 years, Magli Samsonsdatter 25 years, Lars Brynildsen 10 months.Unfortunately I have not been able to obtain any information about this family in America. I am looking for details of their arrival in New York, their planned destination in US, any available information from Censuses as well as any records of addresses, births and deaths.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hello Atle!Birth record Magli Samsonsdatter - Hordaland county, Voss, Parish register (official) nr. A 12 (1823-1837), Birth and baptism records 1824, page 15 #72: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Atle Røthe

Thank U, Grethe!I know a lot about Magli, Lars and Brynjulf in Norway, but nothing about their lives in USA - and that's what I'm looking for.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Atle Røthe

Thank U, Ketil! You are probably right. The Norwegian first name Lars has become Lewis and Brynild has been transformed to Brenal. The age of the family members seem to be correct, too. Lewis has also got two younger brothers. Magli(n)'s Norwegian father was Samson Josefson, and her American borne kids have probably been named after him.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Lewis actually has four younger brothers, you have to click to the next page to find Ole (3) and Elick (1).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Atle Røthe

Thank U again, Ketil! So Lewis Brinal (Lars Brynjulvson) lived in 1860 - but where and when did he pass away?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.