Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61375] Who is Anders Olsen in this birth record

Gjest Arthur Peterson
 Del

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Found this birth record. Can anyone supply any additional information on who Anders Olsen is. I found Maren and Dina in the 1865 census on farm Strandstedet Hougsund. Maren is 29 and Dina 1 year old. Have not been able to find Anders on any farm named Kolbræk.Any help is appreciated.ArtLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

Hello Yes, there is the shoemaker Anders Olsen (28) and his wife Maren Christiansdatter (26) with their son Olaus (2) on the 1865 census for Eker (Eiker). They are living on the Kolbræk farm. The parents of Anders Olsen: Shoemaker Ole Andersen and Dortea Christensdatter are also living on the Kolbræk farm. Tove D. Johansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

By the way, 'strandstedet Hougsund' is not a farm. It means 'the seaside settlement Hougsund'Hougsund = today: Hokksund).Tove Dj

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne N. G. Hagen-Pettersen

Hey.Ole Andersen born about 1815 married 15.11.1838 in Haug church with Dorthe Christensdtr Dramdahls-eie born. 24.06.1811 on Dramdahls-eie. They had thoose children.1.Anders 28.12.18382.Elen Marie 01.11.18403.Christen 24.12.18424.Olaus 19.06.18455.Olava 14.09.18466.Trine 24.05.18507.Dorthea 13.01.18548.female, born and dead same day 18.05.1858All children born on KolbrekDorthes parents Christen Olsen Horsrud-eie 02.07.1777-before 1855 married 07.11.1802 in Haug church to Eli Guulsdtr Skretteberg 1776-09.02.1855 on Dramdahls-eie. Skretteberg is in Modum.Children1.Ole 15.07.18032.Gulbrand 15.09.18053.Dorthe4.Berthe Thorine 05.05.1813-1881 married to Anders Larsen Kolbrek (my ancestors)5.Kristian 21.12.18156.Anders 09.07.18187.Anders 12.08.1820Eli Guulsdtr lost her father early, you will find him dead in the Modum churchbooks, her is Eli`s motherLenkeI have som more info if you are intrested.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Thanks to you all. Don't know why I missed finding Kolbræk on the census.Special thanks to Magne for all this information but this Anders Olsen is not the Anders I am looking to find. Those are not the parents of my Anders. It was a long shot because he was not married and was a shoe maker.Thanks again. I will keep looking.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

Anders Olsen Kolbræk (27) and Maren Christiansdatter Hougeie (25) were married on the 10th November 1865 in Haug church, Eiker. The father of Anders Olsen is Ole Andersen and the father of Maren Christiansdatter is Christian Jahnsen.Tove DJ

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Tove,I am not sure the Anders Olsen listed on the birth record above is the same Anders you are referring to. Also, the mother listed on the birth record is not Maren Christiansdatter. The mother listed is Maren Christine Andreasdtr Hougsund. And they are listed as not married. This is from GDS-Buskerud: Døypte i Eiker prestigjeld 1860-1868.There is a lot of other writing on the original record which I could not read. Also, the indication is that birth # 22 on this page also lists Anders as the father.And the child, Dina Ottilie is living with her mother, Maren Christine Andreasdtr at a different location in the 1865 census.Not sure if this is going any where but if someone can straighten in out, I would appreciate it.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

HelloYes, I have noted there is a discrepancy here in the records. But all the same I think it must be the right Anders Olsen - and the same person that Magne has sent you a lot of information about. What is written in the birth record of Dina Ottilie is: Her 3rd, his 2nd 'Leiermaal' = fornication. She has two children with the same father.Tove DJ

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

PS - There is only one shoemaker Anders Olsen on the 1865 census for Eiker - even if he and his wife and son are listed twice in the census, both at Kolbræk (where the parents of Anders are living) and at Præstegaardseie (where the parents of Maren Christiansdatter are living) - Tove DJ

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Tove,Is there any possibility that the father could be the Anders Olsen living in Bragernæs in the 1865 census and is a shoe maker? If there are discrepancies, maybe the father was missidentified also.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D. Johansen

The 1865 census (taken on the 31st December 1865) and the parish record for the christening of Dina Ottilie in January 1866 is very close in time.So the shoemaker Anders Olsen at Kolbræk on the 1865 census must be the same as the shoemaker Anders Olsen at Kolbræk who turns up as the father of the child in the parish records only 3 weeks or so later - at least I cannot see any other possibilities.Tove DJ

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Arthur and Tove It looks like theres an error in Arthurs search.( 1866? ) Dina Ottelie was born 30 Oct 1864 chr.11 Dec.1864 Haug Født Eiker 1864 # 374 Født Eiker/Haug 1864 Side 190 Anders Olsen married on 10 Nov.1865 so he would be unmarried when Dina was christened.As Tove pointed out Anders Olsen Shoemaker from Kolbræk in 1865 Census is the logical father.Tove if you look at the Eiker # 374 it looks to me like Anders had 2 children and this was Marens first.Possibly Olaus b.1864? was Anders son by another woman? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Thanks to you all. That explains the whole picture. If someone wants to volunteer the difference between Ase's reference to Dina's birth record and my reference in my original write-up, great. Otherwise, I will be looking for my Anders in other places.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Arthur,Åses link is the same information I posted. My information can be found in Digital records Eiker 1860-1868 and Eiker/Haug 1856-1871.I have no idea why you show 1866 in your link.The Census had been done and Dina was shown living withg her mother. I agree with Tove that Anders Olsen from Kolbræk was the father.What information are you seeking? If Arnt is correct Dina passed away but this could be another Dina Ottelie. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

OK! It appears there were 2 Dinas born to Anders Olsen Kolbræk and Maren Christine Andersdr. (1)Dina Ottelie b.30 Oct 1864 d.12 Dec.1864 Kolbræk (2)Dina Ottelie b.15 Dec.1865 chr.2 Jan.1866 Haug. So there is no confusion in the records.They are all correct.Different godparents also. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

I have checked the church records for Eker and for Houg/Eker and this is what I have figured out: Shoemaker Anders Olsen from Kolbrækeie and Maren Christine Andreasdatter Hougsund had a daughter Dina Ottilia in 1864, who died the same year at Kolbrækeie. The same couple had another girl Dina Ottilie born to them in Dec.1866. These were his two children born out of wedlock. Maren Christina also had a child born before 1864.Theory 1: This is another Anders Olsen Kolbrækeie than the one who married Maren Christiansdatter in Nov. 1865. They had a son Olaus born 1864 according to the Census, but I have not found this son baptized in Eiker between 1862 and 1865. They had a daughter Caspara born in 1867.Theory 2: It is the same Anders Olsen who was unmarried at the conception of Dina in 1865, but married Maren Christiansdatter.But who was the daughter Dina living with Maren Andersdatter at Hougsund in 1865? She was in her first year. Maybe that was quite another Maren and not Maren Christina.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Åse,its very confusing!! Its possible Dina living with Maren in Haugsund is Dina b.15 Dec.1865.The Census might have been done in Jan?.The part that confuses me is the Dina who died 12 Dec.1864 in KOLBRÆK? She would have died in Haugsund I would think where Maren lives. Dinas confirmation in 1880 has the birthdate and christening correct for Dina b.15 Dec.1865.Lives in Haugsund but Anders farm name is different now.Eksoter? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

How silly of me about the Census 1865. It is of course the same Maren with her daughter Dina born in December 1865, in her first year. That's why it says Age 1.I think it must be the same Anders Olsen, and when he left the pregnant Maren Christine for another girl, she moved to her homeplace, Hougsund. In 1865 Anders Olsen and his little family didn't have a place of their own, but were registered both at his and her parents as lodgers. Maybe the family had moved to Eksæter(?) when Dina was cinfirmed.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

In Census 1900 I found this shoemaker Anders Olsen born 1838 Øvre Eiker at the farm Eksæteren at Lier, Buskerud. That seems to be the same as the father of Dina Ottelie mentioned in her confirmation record.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Dina Otelie married Nils Paulsen Haugsund 19 Feb.1899 in Haug.Daughter Marta Marie b.2 Sept.1899 Haugsund. Marriage Eiker/Haug Side 302 # 6. Father Anders Olsen RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

The baptism of Dorthea Andersdatter Eksæteren shows that her father is shoemaker Anders Olsen and wife Maren Kristiansdatter nr.74 at the very bottom [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=3972&idx_id=3972&uid=ny&idx_side=-13>LenkeMaren Kristiansdatter's burial nr.71 LenkeConfirmation of Olaves/Olaus Andersen nr.38

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.