Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61849] Family of Peter Olsen Lien, born July 1864 , in Nord Fron Oppland

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Peter Olsen was born July 8, 1864 to Ole Pedersen Lien and Embjor Jacobsdatter. Their marriage is recorded in Sørdorp in Nord-Fron in April 1867, Peder's father is listed as Peder Hanssen and Embjor's father as Jacob Amundsen. By searching I have found a Peder Hanssen married to Marit Olsdatter. They had the following children: Anne born 1817 Kvam Anne born 1819 Kvam Kari born 1820 Kvam Embjor born 1822 Goro born 1825 Johanne born 1828 Jacob born 1830 Hans born 1833 Hans born 1834 Ole born 1837As Ole is 30 years old on his marriage record in 1867, this may be the correct Ole??I found Embjor Jacobsdatter born 31 May 1842 to Jacob Amundsen and Guri Knudsdr. Using the International Genealogical Index I found the following children born to Jacob and Guri Knudsdr.Embjor born 08 June 1842 Nord Fron, Oppland Morthe born 14 June 1847 Mari born 27 Feb. 1850 Marit born 06 Nov. 1853 Ole born 26 Aug. 1861Can anyone comment if I am on the right track in tracing this family?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Here's the marriage record for Ole Pedersen and Embjor Jacobsdr. (top of page): Permanent sidelenke: Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8922&idx_id=8922&uid=ny&idx_side=-212>Lenke Ole's place of birth and present is recorded as Lien.Here's the christening in 1837 of the Ole you mention (no. 18): Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

At her marriage, Embjor Jacobsdtr.'s place of birth is recorded as Brænden, i.e. Brenna.Here's the christening you refer to, no. 57 on the right: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeThe parents are (still) unmarried. The mother is Guri Knudsdatter Broket (= Bruket??), the father Jacob Amunds. Brænden.Again, the dates/ages, names and places are right. Yes, you've found the right Embjor.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Torodd,Thank you very much. I think I have gone a little farther back finding Jacob Amundsen's parents as Amund Jacobsen and Embjor Ericsdtr. Jacob, born 23 Oct. 1815. Also Guri's parents as Knud Olsen and Marthe Nielsdatter. Guri born 15 Dec. 1817 Sodorp, Oppland. Jacob in Sor Fron, Oppland. I get confused trying to find the birth records as the names of the areas change on the different censuses. I am not familiar with this area in Oppland. I am doing this for our Pastor. Thank you again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.