Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61871] First Prime Minister of United Norway.

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

Can anyone help to clear up a link between my great great grandfather Hans Olai Mikkelsen and Peter Mikkelsen prime minister of Norway 1904 to 1905. My father is supposed to be a cousin of a family of Mikkelsens in Bergen one of whom was prime minister in 1904 to 1905.I have no idea how to find the siblings of my great great grandfather Hans Olai mikkelsen but need to establish a link to Bergen inorder for this to make sense. I understand that Peter Mikkelsn was from a family of ship owners who still live in Bergen but I do not know wher they are or indeed who they are. Can anyone help??Hans Olai was born in Ibbestad, Troms 1829 -1913 His father was Mikkel Rask Hansen born in Breivol in 1777 died 1846 unknown place. Thankyou to anyone who can help.Rob Hansen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Christian Michelsen, full name: Peter Christian Hersleb Kjerschow Michelsen, was born in Bergen on 15 March 1857The Michelsen family in 1865 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is the marriage record from 20 June 1855 in Domkirken, Bergen, for Christian Michelsen’s parents – cf. Bergen county, Domkirken, Parish register (official) nr. D 2 (1853-1874), Marriage records 1855, page 21. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070228650547.jpg>Lenke and cf.: LenkeJacob Michelsen’s father was Tollak Michelsen, and here is the baptism record for Jacob Andreas from 1821 in Korskirken, Bergen: Lenke. Jaccob and Massi Magdalene married in Domkirken, Bergen in 1815

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is the birth and baptism record from for Hans Olai Mikkelsen in Ibestad, he was born on 6 February 1829 - Troms county, Ibestad, Parish register (official) nr. 5 (1825-1836), Birth and baptism records 1829, page 55. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070604640519.jpg>Lenke. His parents were Mikkel (Michel) Hansen Rask and Anne Cathrina Christensdatter – cf.: LenkeMikkel Hansen and Anne Cathrina married in Ibestad on 26 November 1814 Troms county, Ibestad, Parish register (official) nr. 4 (1801-1824), Marriage records 1814-1815, page 232 LenkeI have made a parents search in LDS – Family Search/IGI, and I have found that Hans Olai had the following siblings:John, 1815 Lenke Countries&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=Anne Margrethe, 1816 Lenke Countries&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=Anne Kirstina, 1818 Lenke Countries&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=Hans Christian, 1821 Lenke Countries&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=Maren Anna, 1823 Lenke Countries&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=. This might be Maren Anna in the 1865 census LenkeHanna, 1826

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

I understand that Christian Michelsen had two children Einar and Benny . Can anyone help with who their spouses were and who their adopted child Evy (Benny's daughter) was. Thankyou to everyone for their excellent answers so far,Rob

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Can anyone find if it is possible that a link exists to the wife of Christian Mikkelsen , also a Mikkelsen herself, Caroline Michelsen Kjerschouw. Any help would be more than appreciated on this.Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Riksen jr

To be correct, Chr. Michelsen wasn’t the first prime minister of Norway. See LenkeBut he was the first after the union between Sweden and Norway was dissolved.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

You're right The history is slightly complicated if you didn't grow up in Norway Christian Mikkelsen helped to bring about a country recognisable as Norway rather than a satellite state indivisable from Sweden. Thankyou for that.Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Line Osberg Eide

Here some info about Christian Mikkelsen and his ancestors. But it in norwegian, and I don't have time to translate. Sorry. Maybe someone else have time?Lenke- hanne line -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is the birth and baptism record for Benny in 1887 [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=14&filnamn=dp12011816&gardpostnr=68439&personpostnr=204736&merk=204736#ovre>Lenke.Caroline Sophie Erasmine Kjerschow was born on 20 September 1827 in Aker. She was the daughter of Peder Christian Hersleb Kjerschow and Johanne Benedicte Collett.Peder Christian Hersleb Kjerschow was bishop in Bergen, and he was born on 29 July 1786 in Rødøy, Nordland county, son of Rasmus Sundt Christensen Kjerschow and Benedicte Maria Pedersdatter Hersleb. Cf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Hi Grethe,that is so interesting. For years I have heard that one of the family was bishop of Bergen - you found him. Excellent. I have a Maria Pedersdatter close to the current time married to Hans Olai Micchelsen . Her grandfather was Ole Pedersen Fugleberg born 1743 somewhere between Denmark and Norway. His Father Peder was born in Denmark. Is it possible thst Ole Pedersen is the link. I feel instinctively that Erika Maria Pedersdatter's line maybe the one to follow. If you can help to tie these ends together I would be so so greatful.Rob. P.S. Thankyou also Hanna Line - the photo was very good a striking resemblance to family members

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.