Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#62073] Saskatchewan, Canada: Homestead search

Gjest Magne Michaelsen
 Del

Gjest Magne Michaelsen

In the Saskachewan Homestead Index I have found three homesteads on the names Julius and Bernhard Petersen (the brothers of my grandmother). The homestead identifications are:Part SW Section 4 Township 4 Range 18 Meridian W3Part SE Section 4 Township 4 Range 18 Meridian W3Part NW Section 4 Township 4 Range 18 Meridian W3Can anyone tell me where these homesteads are located, preferably with reference to a detailed map or lat/long coordinates.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Adele Goa

Hei Magne, These 3 homesteads are located about 1.6 km north of the town of Climax, Saskatchewan and about 6.4 km north of the Canada / USA border. The nearest larger town is Shaunavon, Saskatchewan which is about 50 km north of the homesteads. Here is the Legal Land Description for Climax: Climax, 17-3-18-W3, Saskatchewan (Village)and here are the Lat & Lon details: Climax Latitude : 49° 11' 59.99'' North Longitude : 108° 22' 59.87'' West Datum: NAD83 Region: SaskatchewanThe Western Land Grants site on the Library & Archives of Canada site at [url="http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/western-land-grants/001007-130-e.html#e>Lenke has some very helpful information including maps in their 'Search Help' section. Saskatchewan Genweb at Lenke also has very good information and maps in their 'Homestead' section. Still on SK Genweb site at

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Michaelsen

Hello Gisle and AdeleThanks a lot for the information. When searching in the Library & Archives of Canada, it seems like the homesteads have been transferred to Mr. Dawson and Mr. Gunn. This seems reasonable since both Julius and Bernhard left their homesteads and went back to the US. Bernhard Petersen was a church builder. Maybe there are some traces of him in the area? Adele, if you can ask your relative about Julius and Bernhard, I would appreciate to receive any information she might have. I guess the period they stayed at the homesteads would be sometime between 1910 and 1915.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.