Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#62957] Question about words in death register in Eidsvoll

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
 Del

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

I would like to know what the words are above the name of Johannes Christopnersen # 11, page 167. I think it says where he was born. Then by his farm Heirethe, there is something written above the farm. I would like to know what that means. Thank you kindly for your time. Permanent pagelink: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=496&idx_id=496&uid=ny&idx_side=-149>Lenke Permanent imagelink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

His name is Johannes Christensen, not Christophersen. Above his name: husmand født i Hurdalen.(he was a 'husmann' born in Hurdal.) Above the name of the farm Heireth: Indlæggend? i Dal..(probably: stayed, or something like it, at the farm Dal..)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

'Husmann'/'husmand' would translate into 'cotter', which denotes a man who lived at a rather small farm (with one or two cows, typically), which was situated close to and owned by a bigger farm, where the cotter (husmann) was obliged to work (for free) a certain number of days during a year. Normally, that paid for the rent at the cotter farm ...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Øivindsson Lunde

Maren Andrine born 16 March 1833, no. 33: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7656&idx_id=7656&uid=ny&idx_side=-141>LenkeTwins Axel and Valborg born 15. april 1853 no. 90-91: LenkeAxel died 5 December 1853, no 105: LenkeValborg, confirmation no. 37: LenkeMilla, born 10 August 1855, no. 10: LenkeKasper (called Karsten) Axel born 22 November 1857, no. 31: LenkeLaura, born 3 September 1860, no. 27: LenkeHanna Sakkine, born 22 April 1866: no. 122 Lenke1875-census: Lenke1900-census: Lenke and

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

Trond, I noticed right after I posted, that I had the wrong Johannes. I thought it was Johannas Christophersen Heierte, my g-grandmother's brother. I sent you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think it was clearly written. You gave me a lot of information a few years ago on Christopher Nielsen Heiret. His daughter, Marie married Andreas Andersen b. 7 Oct 1835 living on Vestengen Krogen in 1865 and he sailed for America June of 1871. He took the surname Berger. His son, Anton b. 12 June 1856, was my grandfather. I am working on the possibility that Andreas' father was Anders Olsen on the Berget farm in 1865. If that is the case, Anders would had to have been married at least 2 time. My dilema is that family oral history says Andreas had half-brother Anton Andersen and half-sister, Maren Andersen b.17 Feb 1857. I have pictures of them in La Crosse, WI, but am not able to find records on either of them in Norway. Maren married John Brunner and I have her descendants and life history, but cannot find her in Eidsvold or the area. I notice on the 1865 census that Anders Olsen is born in Liers, so I have done some searching in their church records. I would appreciate any help,because I have been working on this a long time and seem to go nowhere with it. I will share the family history that I have, but I want to try to solve this half-sibling problem and find Andreas' parents. My mother, granddaughter of Andreas is 102 years old next Monday. She remembers her Grandpa 'Andrew'. Thank you kindly for your time. Mary Ellen, Wisconsin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.