Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#62990] Soren Olsen Stormyr

Gjest Rose DeRocher
 Del

Gjest Rose DeRocher

I am looking for parents or any other siblings of my third great grandfather, Soren Olsen who was maybe born at Stormyr farm in Tanum or Hedrum. Is Stormyr a cotters farm on a larger farm? I was recently able to learn from posts that there were Stormyr farms on both Ash and North Omsland farms? (If I translated the information correctly). He later moved to Slemdal/Siljan area married Ingeborg Christoffersdatter and lived on Skautvedt farm until he passed away. Their son, Ole Sorensen, moved to Gjerpen and bought the Aasterod farm, my grandmother was Anna Marie Aasterud from Gjerpen. I will gladly share what information I have on the family. I would be happy to discuss what I know and would like to hear suggestions on where to go from here. I will check back or feel free to contact me at email below. Thank you! Sincerely Rose DeRocher rkkd123@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I belive Storemyr farm (nr.149/6) is in Kiose(Tiose), Brunlanes (Tanum). Maybe Storemyr is a cotters farm under Omsland (gnr.149).He moved to Eidanger(Siljan) from Tanum in June 1829, nr.2 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Storemyr:A part of Nordre Omsland is called Storemyr.A part of Østre Aske is called Storemyr (-rønningen).The former is found already in the 1865 census, while both are in the 1900 census (as Storemyr).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

I think I've found Søren's christening in 1805 (right-hand page, about two thirds down): Permanent sidelenke: LenkeHis mother is the widow Maren Sørensdatter, and the father is Ole Johannesen, grenadier of the 11th company, who has received permission to marry her.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Here's their marriage in 1809 (right-hand page): Permanent sidelenke: LenkeThe groom is called Johnsen, as opposed to Johannessen at the christening in 1805.I'm not able to read where Maren is said to come from. Ole is a soldier at Frederiksværn (now Stavern).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Kaasen

I've checked the wedding between Søren and Ingeborg. The parish record states that Søren is 27 at the time of the wedding in 1829. This is also the age stated upon arrival to the parish in 1829. The gap between age 27 in 1829 and a possible christening in 1805 seems a little large. I tried to find Søren in the 1801 census, but witout luck. I believe he was born just after the census, maybe late 1801 or 1802. I find Søren with wife Ingeborg Christophersdatter in the 1865-census at 'Skougthveit', Slemdal parish/Telemark fylke. Lenke He is there said to be of age 66, which should suggest 1799 as correct year of birth, but the ages in the censuses are often 1-2 years wrong. His place of birth is said to be Hedrum, in the 1865-census, which is a 'neighbouring' parish to Tanus, as far as I know. The Stormyr farm was not registered in the 1801-census, but in the 1865-census, there was a Stormyr-farm in Brunlanes. The farm may well have been established in the period between 1801-census and Søren's marriage.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

If Søren was born in Hedrum, the christening referred to in (7) of theme 61926 is more likely to be correct than mine in (5) above.But the confirmation in (4) may be right, although Søren would then have been about 21, rather old for confirmation, but not exceptionally so.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.