Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Clark Monson

[#63022] Marriage of Bernt Ericksen Smestad and Oline Pedersdatter in Vinger

Guest Clark Monson

I have been searching and searching to try and locate the marriage record of my great great grandparents, Bernt Ericksen (Smestad) and Oline Pedersdatter. He was born in Vinger and she in Nord Odal. Their oldest child (my great grandmother) Berntine Anna was born September 24, 1869 in Vinger and baptized there, her parents were not married yet. They came to the USA landing in Quebec in the Spring of 1870. I have the records for their emigration although they are not in the church records from Vinger. All the rest of their children were born in the United States. I have also checked the Nord Odal church records and find no record of their marriage. Can anybody give me any ideas as where else to search? Thank you!Best Regards!Clark Monson

Guest Finn Sollien

Hi Clark. May be they married in Oslo just before emig. April 13. 1870. Finn Sollien.

Guest Grete Jøraas

Do you know from which city they left Norway - maybe they had a 'last minute' marriage?hilsen grete

Guest Clark Monson

Yes, they left from Christiania with my great-grandmother(a baby), Bernt's mother, his two sisters, a younger brother and two nephews. They came to Quebec, Canada and from there to Iowa in USA.

Sign in to follow this