Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#63292] I am looking for Bjorgens In Norway

Gjest Deborah Settles
 Del

Gjest Deborah Settles

I am looking for information regarding the Bjorgen leg of my family. I am looking for Anders O Bjorgen born 1851., Married to a Marie born in 1861. I believe they were married in 1880. I believe this couple immigrated to the US in 1885. This couple immigrated to Minnesota, U.S and had 4 children in Minnesota: Anna, 1891., Hilda, 1894 Olaf Martinus., 1895., Ruth C., 1904 I would deeply appreciate anyone who can help with my geneology search. Thanks a million!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Gangstø

There is one Anders Olsen at the farm Bjørgen in Støren in the 1865 census. He is listed as 15 years old ( i.e. born around 1850). Maybe someone with knowledge of this area can provide more information. The census at Lenke Rgrds Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

I wonder if this is Anders and his wife Maria moving from Oppdal? And they had two children born in Norway. Lenke Maybe Anders also had a sister called Marit. If yes, she and her son also went to USA 14th of October 1883.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Gangstø

The last couple would seem to be a close match. Anyone checking censuses in the US to confirm the children born in Norway ? Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Anders and Maria seemed to be married one day before leaving Norway? 13th of October 1883 - but where? Can not find them in Oppdal and not in Støren. And what about the two little boys. Baptized in Oct 1883? Or do I misunderstand the information?Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karen Husdal Brevik

Found in Digitised parish registers:Oppdal in Sør-Trøndelag.Anders born August 7th 1851 in Oppdal. Parents: Ole Olsen Bjørgen and Gjertrud Andersdatter.Maria born December 3rd 1861 in Oppdal. Parents: Rasmus Arntsen (Brevold) and Marith Sivertsdatter.Anders Olsen Bjørgen and Maria Rasmusdatter (Rasmusdaughter) Vognildmyren’s married November 14th 1880, OppdalKaren

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Marit Olsdtr Bjørgen, moving on same date as Anders and his family, is probably NOT his sister. I've been looking for her confirmation in Støren. Found Anders and his twin-brother in 1866. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2406&idx_id=2406&uid=ny&idx_side=-78>Lenke No 16 and 17. In 1865 Lars was at the Rønningen farm and Anders at the Bjørgen farm!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

When I read what Karen tells us (9), the twin brother Anders is not the right one! Forget all about the twins Anders and Lars. :-))I'll look for confirmations in Oppdal instead.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Deborah Settles

Maybe these 2 babies Ole, and Rasmus died on the trip to America - Is there any way to check this out? If so, how very sad!! with much appreciation, Deborah Settles

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Sigdestad

This family resided at Rothsay Village, Wilkin, according to the 1900 Minnesota census.As Deborah stated in (1), Anders is born Aug. 1851, 48 yrs., Marie wife, 38 yrs., married 1880, immigrated 1885. Children listed are Olava 14 yrs., Anna 8 yrs., Hilda 6 yrs., and Olaf 4 yrs.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

And Anders did have a sister called Marit and probably did she go to USA on the same date. Marith born 10th of Oct 1853, no 102. LenkeThere was also a Marit Bjørgen and 4 children moving from Oppdal in 1885..... But that's probably another story.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

And Anders did have a sister called Marit and probably did she go to USA on the same date. Marith born 10th of Oct 1853, no 102. LenkeThere was also a Marit Bjørgen and 4 children moving from Oppdal in 1885..... But that's probably another story.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Sorry, no idea why I wrote the last information twice. Wonder if this is Anders and his sister Marith in 1865. The mothers name is Gjertrud Andersdtr. But where is the father, Ole Olsen?Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Deborah Settles

Yes, Thank you, this is the correct family. Can you tell me if Anders had brothers or sisters? there are many Bjorgens, and I am not sure If I am linked to them as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Do you know for sure that Anders mother was Gjertrud Andersdtr? Then we have found the right person, I think. Anders had at least one sister, Marith. Look at Lenke in nr 17. Maybe no younger sisters or brothers, as they are not with the mother in 1865. But of course they can be somewhere else.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karen Husdal Brevik

Ole Olsen (Bøasæter?), age 28, and Gjertrud Andersdatter Bjørgen, age 22, married July 7th 1842 in Oppdal. His father Ole O. (Bøasæter?) and her father Anders H. Bjørgen.Karen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

And of course Anders and Marith had brother(s) and sisters (?). Their parents being married in 1842, I started to look back. Ole born 29/5-1843. His confirmation LenkeOle must be the eldest brother, named after his grandfather.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Deborah Settles

Honestly, thank you does not adequately express my appreciation for everyone who jumped on board to help me. And such a fast response!! You guys are simply the best!! I continue to dig into my family, and truly, deeply appreciate your time spent!! Deborah

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

So far I've found 3 children: Ole 1843, Anders 1851 and Marith 1853. But what about the 8 years between Ole and Anders? No more childre found - yet.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.